Autopsy Reveals Victim of Fatal Crash Involving Salma Hayek's Brother Died of Impact
The results of an autopsy for a passenger who died in a fatal car accident involving Salma Hayek's brother have been released. As reported by L.A. Times, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County coroner's office Ed Winter said that the passenger, Ian Cuttler Sala, died of multiple traumatic injuries as the result of impact during the crash.
Coroner's officials ruled the crash as accident, but they said speed and wind might contribute to the crash. Lt. Andrew Neiman of Los Angeles Police Department additionally said that alcohol and drugs were not involved. "There was a loss of control that sent him fishtailing," he explained.
On Sunday, February 23, Sami Hayek drove a 2006 Ford GT and allegedly lost control of the car, which crossed into the westbound lanes and collided with a pickup car. Sala, a Grammy-winning art director, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was 43. Hayek suffered broken ribs and facial laceration, while the other driver Alvin Gomez suffered a broken foot and complained of pain to his body.
Beyonce Knowles took to Facebook to pay tribute after learning of the New York-based art director's passing. "Rest in Peace Ian Cuttler. Ian was a Grammy Award winning art director and photographer who will be greatly missed. His memorable work includes album covers for 'Destiny Fulfilled' and 'Dangerously in Love'," the singer wrote on Tuesday. He won Best Art Direction trophy at the Grammy Awards in 2005 for "Johnny Cash: The Legend" and worked with many singers during his career.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs