Autopsy Reveals Victim of Fatal Crash Involving Salma Hayek's Brother Died of Impact
The results of an autopsy for a passenger who died in a fatal car accident involving Salma Hayek's brother have been released. As reported by L.A. Times, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County coroner's office Ed Winter said that the passenger, Ian Cuttler Sala, died of multiple traumatic injuries as the result of impact during the crash.
Coroner's officials ruled the crash as accident, but they said speed and wind might contribute to the crash. Lt. Andrew Neiman of Los Angeles Police Department additionally said that alcohol and drugs were not involved. "There was a loss of control that sent him fishtailing," he explained.
On Sunday, February 23, Sami Hayek drove a 2006 Ford GT and allegedly lost control of the car, which crossed into the westbound lanes and collided with a pickup car. Sala, a Grammy-winning art director, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was 43. Hayek suffered broken ribs and facial laceration, while the other driver Alvin Gomez suffered a broken foot and complained of pain to his body.
Beyonce Knowles took to Facebook to pay tribute after learning of the New York-based art director's passing. "Rest in Peace Ian Cuttler. Ian was a Grammy Award winning art director and photographer who will be greatly missed. His memorable work includes album covers for 'Destiny Fulfilled' and 'Dangerously in Love'," the singer wrote on Tuesday. He won Best Art Direction trophy at the Grammy Awards in 2005 for "Johnny Cash: The Legend" and worked with many singers during his career.
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans