Autopsy Reveals Victim of Fatal Crash Involving Salma Hayek's Brother Died of Impact
The results of an autopsy for a passenger who died in a fatal car accident involving Salma Hayek's brother have been released. As reported by L.A. Times, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County coroner's office Ed Winter said that the passenger, Ian Cuttler Sala, died of multiple traumatic injuries as the result of impact during the crash.
Coroner's officials ruled the crash as accident, but they said speed and wind might contribute to the crash. Lt. Andrew Neiman of Los Angeles Police Department additionally said that alcohol and drugs were not involved. "There was a loss of control that sent him fishtailing," he explained.
On Sunday, February 23, Sami Hayek drove a 2006 Ford GT and allegedly lost control of the car, which crossed into the westbound lanes and collided with a pickup car. Sala, a Grammy-winning art director, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was 43. Hayek suffered broken ribs and facial laceration, while the other driver Alvin Gomez suffered a broken foot and complained of pain to his body.
Beyonce Knowles took to Facebook to pay tribute after learning of the New York-based art director's passing. "Rest in Peace Ian Cuttler. Ian was a Grammy Award winning art director and photographer who will be greatly missed. His memorable work includes album covers for 'Destiny Fulfilled' and 'Dangerously in Love'," the singer wrote on Tuesday. He won Best Art Direction trophy at the Grammy Awards in 2005 for "Johnny Cash: The Legend" and worked with many singers during his career.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics