'Masters of the Universe' Director Shortlist Includes Chris McKay and Harald Zwart
"Masters of the Universe", an adaptation of the famous He-Man tale, has gotten an update. According to The Wrap, Chris McKay and Harald Zwart are in the shortlist of directors along with Mike Cahill to fill in the vacant spot left by Jon M. Chu. Variety adds Jeff Wadlow to the mix.
MacKay is one of the editors of "The Lego Movie", while Zwart's credits include directing "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" and "The Karate Kid". Cahill is known for helming "Another Earth" and "I Origins", while Wadlow most recently directed "Kick-Ass 2".
Terry Rossio ("The Lone Ranger", "Pirates of the Caribbean") wrote the most recent draft for the movie. The story follows Prince Adam who, when uttering the magic words "By the power of Grayskull - I have the power," turns into He-Man. He must defend his planet Eternia from the evil forces who wants to conquer Castle Grayskull, the place that gives him his superpowers.
The Mattel toy was turned into an animated TV series in the 1980s. The first He-Man film was released in 1987 with Dolph Lundgren playing the lead role.
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle