Jack Thorne to Write Script for Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'Sandman'
Joseph Gordon-Levitt's "Sandman" has got a writer. Deadline reports Jack Thorne ("How I Live Now") is set to pen the screenplay for the Warner Bros. adaptation of Neil Gaiman's comic book classic. He will write the script based on David Goyer's pitch.
Gaiman will serve as an executive producer, while Gordon-Levitt is on board as a producer with Goyer. The "Premium Rush" actor, who made a notable directorial debut in Sundance movie "Don Jon", is also rumored to direct and star in the pic.
Gordon-Levitt was previously linked to Marvel's "Ant-Man" along with Paul Rudd. The superhero role eventually went to the "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" star after the "Looper" thesp announced his commitment to the WB production.
The "Sandman" series shifts between horror and fantasy. The story revolves around Morpheus, the personification of dreams. After being held captive 70 years, he escapes, gains revenge and rebuilds his crumbling kingdom while trying to adapt to the times.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'