Jack Thorne to Write Script for Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'Sandman'
Joseph Gordon-Levitt's "Sandman" has got a writer. Deadline reports Jack Thorne ("How I Live Now") is set to pen the screenplay for the Warner Bros. adaptation of Neil Gaiman's comic book classic. He will write the script based on David Goyer's pitch.
Gaiman will serve as an executive producer, while Gordon-Levitt is on board as a producer with Goyer. The "Premium Rush" actor, who made a notable directorial debut in Sundance movie "Don Jon", is also rumored to direct and star in the pic.
Gordon-Levitt was previously linked to Marvel's "Ant-Man" along with Paul Rudd. The superhero role eventually went to the "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" star after the "Looper" thesp announced his commitment to the WB production.
The "Sandman" series shifts between horror and fantasy. The story revolves around Morpheus, the personification of dreams. After being held captive 70 years, he escapes, gains revenge and rebuilds his crumbling kingdom while trying to adapt to the times.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'