Jack Thorne to Write Script for Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'Sandman'
Joseph Gordon-Levitt's "Sandman" has got a writer. Deadline reports Jack Thorne ("How I Live Now") is set to pen the screenplay for the Warner Bros. adaptation of Neil Gaiman's comic book classic. He will write the script based on David Goyer's pitch.
Gaiman will serve as an executive producer, while Gordon-Levitt is on board as a producer with Goyer. The "Premium Rush" actor, who made a notable directorial debut in Sundance movie "Don Jon", is also rumored to direct and star in the pic.
Gordon-Levitt was previously linked to Marvel's "Ant-Man" along with Paul Rudd. The superhero role eventually went to the "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" star after the "Looper" thesp announced his commitment to the WB production.
The "Sandman" series shifts between horror and fantasy. The story revolves around Morpheus, the personification of dreams. After being held captive 70 years, he escapes, gains revenge and rebuilds his crumbling kingdom while trying to adapt to the times.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala