Jack Thorne to Write Script for Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'Sandman'
Joseph Gordon-Levitt's "Sandman" has got a writer. Deadline reports Jack Thorne ("How I Live Now") is set to pen the screenplay for the Warner Bros. adaptation of Neil Gaiman's comic book classic. He will write the script based on David Goyer's pitch.
Gaiman will serve as an executive producer, while Gordon-Levitt is on board as a producer with Goyer. The "Premium Rush" actor, who made a notable directorial debut in Sundance movie "Don Jon", is also rumored to direct and star in the pic.
Gordon-Levitt was previously linked to Marvel's "Ant-Man" along with Paul Rudd. The superhero role eventually went to the "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" star after the "Looper" thesp announced his commitment to the WB production.
The "Sandman" series shifts between horror and fantasy. The story revolves around Morpheus, the personification of dreams. After being held captive 70 years, he escapes, gains revenge and rebuilds his crumbling kingdom while trying to adapt to the times.
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie