Jack Thorne to Write Script for Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'Sandman'
Joseph Gordon-Levitt's "Sandman" has got a writer. Deadline reports Jack Thorne ("How I Live Now") is set to pen the screenplay for the Warner Bros. adaptation of Neil Gaiman's comic book classic. He will write the script based on David Goyer's pitch.
Gaiman will serve as an executive producer, while Gordon-Levitt is on board as a producer with Goyer. The "Premium Rush" actor, who made a notable directorial debut in Sundance movie "Don Jon", is also rumored to direct and star in the pic.
Gordon-Levitt was previously linked to Marvel's "Ant-Man" along with Paul Rudd. The superhero role eventually went to the "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" star after the "Looper" thesp announced his commitment to the WB production.
The "Sandman" series shifts between horror and fantasy. The story revolves around Morpheus, the personification of dreams. After being held captive 70 years, he escapes, gains revenge and rebuilds his crumbling kingdom while trying to adapt to the times.
More Sandman News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!