Lisa Kudrow Loses Lawsuit Against Former Manager, Is Ordered to Pay $1.6 Million
Lisa Kudrow has lost a $1.6 million lawsuit against her former manager, Scott Howard. The Hollywood Reporter reports that a jury at a Los Angeles Superior Court ruled against the "Friends" actress on Wednesday, February 26, finding that Kudrow was liable for breach of contract.
Howard and Kudrow parted ways in 2007 after 16 years of partnership. In 2008, Howard filed the lawsuit, claiming that Kudrow stopped paying him. According to Howard, he and the actress had an oral agreement in which he's owed five percent of her earnings made from works she gained while they were working together.
"The jury's verdict is merely one step in the legal process. This case ultimately will be resolved at the appellate level. Ms. Kudrow has faith in the judicial system, and she believes that the eventual outcome of this contractual dispute will be in her favor," Kudrow's attorney Gerard Sauer said.
As quoted by ABC News, Howard's attorney Mark Baute stated, "What generally happens now with unsophisticated actress clients is they overpay for filing a frivolous appeal that has no chance for success. The verdict is rock solid, and we look forward to collecting 10 percent, 16,000 dollars a month, in post-judgment interest while their frivolous appeal is pending. We will collect that interest for two years, which is how long it will take for the Court of Appeal to affirm this jury's righteous verdict."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce