Lisa Kudrow Loses Lawsuit Against Former Manager, Is Ordered to Pay $1.6 Million
Lisa Kudrow has lost a $1.6 million lawsuit against her former manager, Scott Howard. The Hollywood Reporter reports that a jury at a Los Angeles Superior Court ruled against the "Friends" actress on Wednesday, February 26, finding that Kudrow was liable for breach of contract.
Howard and Kudrow parted ways in 2007 after 16 years of partnership. In 2008, Howard filed the lawsuit, claiming that Kudrow stopped paying him. According to Howard, he and the actress had an oral agreement in which he's owed five percent of her earnings made from works she gained while they were working together.
"The jury's verdict is merely one step in the legal process. This case ultimately will be resolved at the appellate level. Ms. Kudrow has faith in the judicial system, and she believes that the eventual outcome of this contractual dispute will be in her favor," Kudrow's attorney Gerard Sauer said.
As quoted by ABC News, Howard's attorney Mark Baute stated, "What generally happens now with unsophisticated actress clients is they overpay for filing a frivolous appeal that has no chance for success. The verdict is rock solid, and we look forward to collecting 10 percent, 16,000 dollars a month, in post-judgment interest while their frivolous appeal is pending. We will collect that interest for two years, which is how long it will take for the Court of Appeal to affirm this jury's righteous verdict."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media