BET Renews 'Being Mary Jane', HBO Orders More 'Looking'
"Being Mary Jane" and "Looking" get another year to live. Both rookies have got a vote of confidence from the networks which air them, BET and HBO respectively, earning a renewal for a second season.
"Being Mary Jane" starring Gabrielle Union wrapped up its freshman season with a two-hour event on Tuesday, February 25. The episode posted a total of 5.8 million viewers when DVR playback is counted, surpassing the pilot (a TV movie aired in July) which drew 4 million viewers.
"Looking", which has been dubbed a gay version of Lena Dunham's "Girls", also sees a resurgence in ratings despite a soft start. Debuting to 338,000 viewers in January, the comedy series starring "Glee" alum Jonathan Groff improves each week, with the latest episode posting 749,000 viewers across three airings. The show has so far averaged about 2 million when including DVR playback and all repeats.
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck