BET Renews 'Being Mary Jane', HBO Orders More 'Looking'
"Being Mary Jane" and "Looking" get another year to live. Both rookies have got a vote of confidence from the networks which air them, BET and HBO respectively, earning a renewal for a second season.
"Being Mary Jane" starring Gabrielle Union wrapped up its freshman season with a two-hour event on Tuesday, February 25. The episode posted a total of 5.8 million viewers when DVR playback is counted, surpassing the pilot (a TV movie aired in July) which drew 4 million viewers.
"Looking", which has been dubbed a gay version of Lena Dunham's "Girls", also sees a resurgence in ratings despite a soft start. Debuting to 338,000 viewers in January, the comedy series starring "Glee" alum Jonathan Groff improves each week, with the latest episode posting 749,000 viewers across three airings. The show has so far averaged about 2 million when including DVR playback and all repeats.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13