BET Renews 'Being Mary Jane', HBO Orders More 'Looking'
"Being Mary Jane" and "Looking" get another year to live. Both rookies have got a vote of confidence from the networks which air them, BET and HBO respectively, earning a renewal for a second season.
"Being Mary Jane" starring Gabrielle Union wrapped up its freshman season with a two-hour event on Tuesday, February 25. The episode posted a total of 5.8 million viewers when DVR playback is counted, surpassing the pilot (a TV movie aired in July) which drew 4 million viewers.
"Looking", which has been dubbed a gay version of Lena Dunham's "Girls", also sees a resurgence in ratings despite a soft start. Debuting to 338,000 viewers in January, the comedy series starring "Glee" alum Jonathan Groff improves each week, with the latest episode posting 749,000 viewers across three airings. The show has so far averaged about 2 million when including DVR playback and all repeats.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season