BET Renews 'Being Mary Jane', HBO Orders More 'Looking'
"Being Mary Jane" and "Looking" get another year to live. Both rookies have got a vote of confidence from the networks which air them, BET and HBO respectively, earning a renewal for a second season.
"Being Mary Jane" starring Gabrielle Union wrapped up its freshman season with a two-hour event on Tuesday, February 25. The episode posted a total of 5.8 million viewers when DVR playback is counted, surpassing the pilot (a TV movie aired in July) which drew 4 million viewers.
"Looking", which has been dubbed a gay version of Lena Dunham's "Girls", also sees a resurgence in ratings despite a soft start. Debuting to 338,000 viewers in January, the comedy series starring "Glee" alum Jonathan Groff improves each week, with the latest episode posting 749,000 viewers across three airings. The show has so far averaged about 2 million when including DVR playback and all repeats.
More Being Mary Jane News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie