BET Renews 'Being Mary Jane', HBO Orders More 'Looking'
"Being Mary Jane" and "Looking" get another year to live. Both rookies have got a vote of confidence from the networks which air them, BET and HBO respectively, earning a renewal for a second season.
"Being Mary Jane" starring Gabrielle Union wrapped up its freshman season with a two-hour event on Tuesday, February 25. The episode posted a total of 5.8 million viewers when DVR playback is counted, surpassing the pilot (a TV movie aired in July) which drew 4 million viewers.
"Looking", which has been dubbed a gay version of Lena Dunham's "Girls", also sees a resurgence in ratings despite a soft start. Debuting to 338,000 viewers in January, the comedy series starring "Glee" alum Jonathan Groff improves each week, with the latest episode posting 749,000 viewers across three airings. The show has so far averaged about 2 million when including DVR playback and all repeats.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!