Adam Driver Close to Getting Cast as Villain in 'Star Wars Episode 7'
"Star Wars Episode 7" may have found its villain. Adam Driver is reportedly in final talks to play the main baddie in the first installment of J.J. Abrams' upcoming planned "Star Wars" trilogy. Detail of the role is unknown, but Variety reports that the character is in the same vein as iconic villain Darth Vader.
Driver was first linked to the tentpole project last year with Michael Fassbender and Hugo Weaving, but scheduling conflicts reportedly stood in the way. Now that the "Girls" star has resolved the issue, a deal is expected to be finalized in the coming days and an official announcement to follow soon.
"Episode 7" is slated to hit theatres on December 18, 2015. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan polished the original draft penned by Michael Arndt. Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher are expected to reprise their roles as the classic "Star Wars" trio, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia.
"Breaking Bad" actor Jesse Plemons has also been hotly tipped to join the franchise for an unspecified role. Gary Oldman, Zac Efron, Michael B. Jordan, and Saoirse Ronan previously confirmed they were in talks for the movie as well, but Ronan later said she didn't get the part.
The story is still scarce, but it reportedly will introduce the offspring of the original "Star Wars" trio. According to MarketSaw, "ultimately it's about twins, and which will take a path towards darkness and which will follow in their father's footsteps, or at least that is what it used to be, that may come later as I think changes are being undertaken to bring the original cast into the forefront of the story leading to ramifications that lead up to the next generation of Skywalkers."
Oldman, along with Benedict Cumberbatch, was allegedly pursued for the same role. Meanwhile, Ford's contract clause on "Star Wars" reportedly includes a plan to make two new "Indiana Jones" films. It's furthermore reported that Abrams is looking to bring back Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, and Warwick Davis from the past "Star Wars" films. Another rumored cast is "Transformers: Age of Extinction" star Jack Reynor.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?