Katy Perry and John Mayer Split Following Engagement Report
Katy Perry and John Mayer's engagement and split came within a short time. Just days after reports surfaced that the lovebirds would tie the knot this summer after 18 months of dating, a break-up report popped up on E! News.
According to the news site's source, Perry and Mayer split "within the last few days." He was not seen accompanying her when she was in London and Milan. The "Dark Horse" singer returned home to Los Angeles on Friday, February 21 and attended Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball concert solo the next day.
Perry sparked engagement rumor last week when she sported a huge diamond ring on her left hand while attending the Elle Style Awards in London. Perry was already wearing the rock when she had dinner with Mayer at Sunset Towers in Los Angeles earlier this month and went clubbing at West Hollywood hot spot Bootsy Bellows.
Grazia magazine then reported that they were eying wedding venues and had asked her pastor father, Keith Hudson, to officiate their nuptials. "They'd love a June wedding. They want to get married at the San Ysidro Ranch in Katy's home town of Santa Barbara," a source told the magazine.
Neither Perry nor Mayer's rep has commented on the engagement and break-up reports.
The musicians came public with their relationship in summer 2012. They had a brief split before reconciling and calling it quits for the second time in March 2013. The couple went on again afterwards and recorded the song "Who You Love" for Mayer's album.
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'