Katy Perry and John Mayer Split Following Engagement Report
Katy Perry and John Mayer's engagement and split came within a short time. Just days after reports surfaced that the lovebirds would tie the knot this summer after 18 months of dating, a break-up report popped up on E! News.
According to the news site's source, Perry and Mayer split "within the last few days." He was not seen accompanying her when she was in London and Milan. The "Dark Horse" singer returned home to Los Angeles on Friday, February 21 and attended Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball concert solo the next day.
Perry sparked engagement rumor last week when she sported a huge diamond ring on her left hand while attending the Elle Style Awards in London. Perry was already wearing the rock when she had dinner with Mayer at Sunset Towers in Los Angeles earlier this month and went clubbing at West Hollywood hot spot Bootsy Bellows.
Grazia magazine then reported that they were eying wedding venues and had asked her pastor father, Keith Hudson, to officiate their nuptials. "They'd love a June wedding. They want to get married at the San Ysidro Ranch in Katy's home town of Santa Barbara," a source told the magazine.
Neither Perry nor Mayer's rep has commented on the engagement and break-up reports.
The musicians came public with their relationship in summer 2012. They had a brief split before reconciling and calling it quits for the second time in March 2013. The couple went on again afterwards and recorded the song "Who You Love" for Mayer's album.
More John Mayer News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna