Beyonce Pays Tribute to Award-Winning Art Director Who Died in Crash Involving Salma Hayek's Brother
Beyonce Knowles mourned the death of New York-based art director Ian Cuttler Sala who passed away in a car accident involving Salma Hayek's brother on Sunday, February 23. The singer took to Facebook to send condolences.
"Rest in Peace Ian Cuttler. Ian was a Grammy Award winning art director and photographer who will be greatly missed. His memorable work includes album covers for 'Destiny Fulfilled' and 'Dangerously in Love'," the former member of Destiny's Child wrote on Tuesday.
According to his site, Ian moved to Manhattan in 1996. He had worked with many singers such as Ricky Martin, Billy Joel, Mariah Carey, Julio Iglesias and Marc Anthony during his career.
Ian won Best Art Direction trophy at the Grammy Awards in 2005 for "Johnny Cash: The Legend". He was also nominated for a Grammy Award for his work in "Louis Armstrong: The Complete Hot Five and Hot Seven Recordings".
"He was really down to earth," his roommate Tashina Finkton said as quoted by New York Daily News. "He was really genuine, a very sweet person ... It's so sad." Tashina, who moved in only a month ago, added that she saw Ian's Grammy trophy when she moved in. "I was like, 'Oh damn, he's got a Grammy.' He was just really good at his photography. He went out and shot in California and the next thing you know..."
According to KTLA, Ian was a passenger in a sports car which was driven by Sami Hayek. He allegedly lost control of the car and hit another vehicle. Ian was pronounced dead at the scene, while Sami suffered from broken ribs and facial lacerations. The other driver, Alvin Gomez, suffered broken foot and complained of pain to his body.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered