Marc Webb Confirmed to Direct 'Amazing Spider-Man 3'
It's confirmed, Marc Webb will reprise his role as a director in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3". Like Sam Raimi with his "Spider-Man" trilogy which starred Tobey Maguire, Webb will helm a trilogy which is currently entering its second installment.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive Stateside on May 2. Andrew Garfield returns as the web slinger and Emma Stone is back as his high school sweetheart Gwen Stacy. The hero will face various enemies like Electro (Jamie Foxx), Goblin (Dane DeHaan), and The Rhino (Paul Giamatti).
The third film will follow on June 10, 2016. There is no word on the storyline, but Giamatti once revealed he had signed a multi-picture deal. He confirmed he would return in the third film but he's not sure about "The Amazing Spider-Man 4" which is scheduled for May 4, 2018.
Aside from making movies that focus on the wall crawler, Sony Pictures is also planning to explore the side characters in the Spider-Man story. "We are expanding the 'Spider-Man' universe into 'The Sinister Six' and 'Venom' so that we have 'Spider-Man' movies every year," co-chairman Amy Pascal says to Variety.
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?