Marc Webb Confirmed to Direct 'Amazing Spider-Man 3'
It's confirmed, Marc Webb will reprise his role as a director in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3". Like Sam Raimi with his "Spider-Man" trilogy which starred Tobey Maguire, Webb will helm a trilogy which is currently entering its second installment.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive Stateside on May 2. Andrew Garfield returns as the web slinger and Emma Stone is back as his high school sweetheart Gwen Stacy. The hero will face various enemies like Electro (Jamie Foxx), Goblin (Dane DeHaan), and The Rhino (Paul Giamatti).
The third film will follow on June 10, 2016. There is no word on the storyline, but Giamatti once revealed he had signed a multi-picture deal. He confirmed he would return in the third film but he's not sure about "The Amazing Spider-Man 4" which is scheduled for May 4, 2018.
Aside from making movies that focus on the wall crawler, Sony Pictures is also planning to explore the side characters in the Spider-Man story. "We are expanding the 'Spider-Man' universe into 'The Sinister Six' and 'Venom' so that we have 'Spider-Man' movies every year," co-chairman Amy Pascal says to Variety.
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks