Marc Webb Confirmed to Direct 'Amazing Spider-Man 3'
It's confirmed, Marc Webb will reprise his role as a director in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3". Like Sam Raimi with his "Spider-Man" trilogy which starred Tobey Maguire, Webb will helm a trilogy which is currently entering its second installment.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive Stateside on May 2. Andrew Garfield returns as the web slinger and Emma Stone is back as his high school sweetheart Gwen Stacy. The hero will face various enemies like Electro (Jamie Foxx), Goblin (Dane DeHaan), and The Rhino (Paul Giamatti).
The third film will follow on June 10, 2016. There is no word on the storyline, but Giamatti once revealed he had signed a multi-picture deal. He confirmed he would return in the third film but he's not sure about "The Amazing Spider-Man 4" which is scheduled for May 4, 2018.
Aside from making movies that focus on the wall crawler, Sony Pictures is also planning to explore the side characters in the Spider-Man story. "We are expanding the 'Spider-Man' universe into 'The Sinister Six' and 'Venom' so that we have 'Spider-Man' movies every year," co-chairman Amy Pascal says to Variety.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked