Marc Webb Confirmed to Direct 'Amazing Spider-Man 3'
It's confirmed, Marc Webb will reprise his role as a director in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3". Like Sam Raimi with his "Spider-Man" trilogy which starred Tobey Maguire, Webb will helm a trilogy which is currently entering its second installment.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive Stateside on May 2. Andrew Garfield returns as the web slinger and Emma Stone is back as his high school sweetheart Gwen Stacy. The hero will face various enemies like Electro (Jamie Foxx), Goblin (Dane DeHaan), and The Rhino (Paul Giamatti).
The third film will follow on June 10, 2016. There is no word on the storyline, but Giamatti once revealed he had signed a multi-picture deal. He confirmed he would return in the third film but he's not sure about "The Amazing Spider-Man 4" which is scheduled for May 4, 2018.
Aside from making movies that focus on the wall crawler, Sony Pictures is also planning to explore the side characters in the Spider-Man story. "We are expanding the 'Spider-Man' universe into 'The Sinister Six' and 'Venom' so that we have 'Spider-Man' movies every year," co-chairman Amy Pascal says to Variety.
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry