Marc Webb Confirmed to Direct 'Amazing Spider-Man 3'
It's confirmed, Marc Webb will reprise his role as a director in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3". Like Sam Raimi with his "Spider-Man" trilogy which starred Tobey Maguire, Webb will helm a trilogy which is currently entering its second installment.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive Stateside on May 2. Andrew Garfield returns as the web slinger and Emma Stone is back as his high school sweetheart Gwen Stacy. The hero will face various enemies like Electro (Jamie Foxx), Goblin (Dane DeHaan), and The Rhino (Paul Giamatti).
The third film will follow on June 10, 2016. There is no word on the storyline, but Giamatti once revealed he had signed a multi-picture deal. He confirmed he would return in the third film but he's not sure about "The Amazing Spider-Man 4" which is scheduled for May 4, 2018.
Aside from making movies that focus on the wall crawler, Sony Pictures is also planning to explore the side characters in the Spider-Man story. "We are expanding the 'Spider-Man' universe into 'The Sinister Six' and 'Venom' so that we have 'Spider-Man' movies every year," co-chairman Amy Pascal says to Variety.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie