Disney Launches Movie Streaming App With Apple
Disney embraces the digital era by launching a streaming service with Apple. The two giants didn't join other major companies when a free, cloud-based digital rights initiative, UltraViolet, was announced three years ago. Now, the Mouse House offers customers to buy movies through their iTunes accounts.
Dubbed "Disney Movies Anywhere", the application takes advantage of more than 400 different movie titles from the extensive library of Disney, Pixar, and Marvel. People will also get bonus features, just like when they purchase DVDs. The new system gives them opportunity to earn reward points as well.
For a starter, Disney offers, for a limited time, a free digital copy of the Disney/Pixar classic "The Incredibles". The studio also announces the exclusive availability of its recent animated blockbuster "Frozen (2013)", three weeks ahead of its DVD and Blu-ray Disc release.
Jamie Voris, chief technology officer of The Walt Disney Studios, says the digital storage technology allows the company "to work with iTunes and future provider partners to ensure movie lovers have streamlined access to all of their favorite Disney titles no matter which device they are on."
The Disney movie app is supported by iTunes only for now, but it's a retailer that still held for about two-thirds of all digital movie sales as of April 2013. The two companies have long alliance. Former Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs once sat on Disney's board when Disney's ABC TV programs first appeared on iTunes in 2005.
About Disney Movies Anywhere:
Disney Movies Anywhere Sneak Peek:
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'