Disney Launches Movie Streaming App With Apple
Disney embraces the digital era by launching a streaming service with Apple. The two giants didn't join other major companies when a free, cloud-based digital rights initiative, UltraViolet, was announced three years ago. Now, the Mouse House offers customers to buy movies through their iTunes accounts.
Dubbed "Disney Movies Anywhere", the application takes advantage of more than 400 different movie titles from the extensive library of Disney, Pixar, and Marvel. People will also get bonus features, just like when they purchase DVDs. The new system gives them opportunity to earn reward points as well.
For a starter, Disney offers, for a limited time, a free digital copy of the Disney/Pixar classic "The Incredibles". The studio also announces the exclusive availability of its recent animated blockbuster "Frozen (2013)", three weeks ahead of its DVD and Blu-ray Disc release.
Jamie Voris, chief technology officer of The Walt Disney Studios, says the digital storage technology allows the company "to work with iTunes and future provider partners to ensure movie lovers have streamlined access to all of their favorite Disney titles no matter which device they are on."
The Disney movie app is supported by iTunes only for now, but it's a retailer that still held for about two-thirds of all digital movie sales as of April 2013. The two companies have long alliance. Former Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs once sat on Disney's board when Disney's ABC TV programs first appeared on iTunes in 2005.
About Disney Movies Anywhere:
Disney Movies Anywhere Sneak Peek:
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective