Lena Dunham Dishes on 'Saturday Night Live' Hosting Debut
Lena Dunham has booked her first trip to "Saturday Night Live". The "Girls" creator and star is tapped to make her hosting debut on the long-running variety series on Saturday, March 8, with musical guest The National, NBC has announced.
The Golden Globe-winning actress took to Twitter to express her excitement about her upcoming "SNL" hosting gig. "Thank you for the SNL love. Dream come true," she wrote. She additionally teased what could be one of her sketches, "Can't wait to debut my character 'girl who googled serial killers all night & has lots to say'!"
"SNL" has previously spoofed Dunham's HBO comedy. In a sketch aptly titled "Girls", Tina Fey played a new member, Blerta, of the gang. Dunham approved the spoof, calling it a "true honor."
"SNL" will return March 1 with "The Big Bang Theory" star Jim Parsons as the host, and musical guest Beck.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner