Lena Dunham Dishes on 'Saturday Night Live' Hosting Debut
Lena Dunham has booked her first trip to "Saturday Night Live". The "Girls" creator and star is tapped to make her hosting debut on the long-running variety series on Saturday, March 8, with musical guest The National, NBC has announced.
The Golden Globe-winning actress took to Twitter to express her excitement about her upcoming "SNL" hosting gig. "Thank you for the SNL love. Dream come true," she wrote. She additionally teased what could be one of her sketches, "Can't wait to debut my character 'girl who googled serial killers all night & has lots to say'!"
"SNL" has previously spoofed Dunham's HBO comedy. In a sketch aptly titled "Girls", Tina Fey played a new member, Blerta, of the gang. Dunham approved the spoof, calling it a "true honor."
"SNL" will return March 1 with "The Big Bang Theory" star Jim Parsons as the host, and musical guest Beck.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie