Lena Dunham Dishes on 'Saturday Night Live' Hosting Debut
Lena Dunham has booked her first trip to "Saturday Night Live". The "Girls" creator and star is tapped to make her hosting debut on the long-running variety series on Saturday, March 8, with musical guest The National, NBC has announced.
The Golden Globe-winning actress took to Twitter to express her excitement about her upcoming "SNL" hosting gig. "Thank you for the SNL love. Dream come true," she wrote. She additionally teased what could be one of her sketches, "Can't wait to debut my character 'girl who googled serial killers all night & has lots to say'!"
"SNL" has previously spoofed Dunham's HBO comedy. In a sketch aptly titled "Girls", Tina Fey played a new member, Blerta, of the gang. Dunham approved the spoof, calling it a "true honor."
"SNL" will return March 1 with "The Big Bang Theory" star Jim Parsons as the host, and musical guest Beck.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?