Lena Dunham Dishes on 'Saturday Night Live' Hosting Debut
Lena Dunham has booked her first trip to "Saturday Night Live". The "Girls" creator and star is tapped to make her hosting debut on the long-running variety series on Saturday, March 8, with musical guest The National, NBC has announced.
The Golden Globe-winning actress took to Twitter to express her excitement about her upcoming "SNL" hosting gig. "Thank you for the SNL love. Dream come true," she wrote. She additionally teased what could be one of her sketches, "Can't wait to debut my character 'girl who googled serial killers all night & has lots to say'!"
"SNL" has previously spoofed Dunham's HBO comedy. In a sketch aptly titled "Girls", Tina Fey played a new member, Blerta, of the gang. Dunham approved the spoof, calling it a "true honor."
"SNL" will return March 1 with "The Big Bang Theory" star Jim Parsons as the host, and musical guest Beck.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent