Lena Dunham Dishes on 'Saturday Night Live' Hosting Debut
Lena Dunham has booked her first trip to "Saturday Night Live". The "Girls" creator and star is tapped to make her hosting debut on the long-running variety series on Saturday, March 8, with musical guest The National, NBC has announced.
The Golden Globe-winning actress took to Twitter to express her excitement about her upcoming "SNL" hosting gig. "Thank you for the SNL love. Dream come true," she wrote. She additionally teased what could be one of her sketches, "Can't wait to debut my character 'girl who googled serial killers all night & has lots to say'!"
"SNL" has previously spoofed Dunham's HBO comedy. In a sketch aptly titled "Girls", Tina Fey played a new member, Blerta, of the gang. Dunham approved the spoof, calling it a "true honor."
"SNL" will return March 1 with "The Big Bang Theory" star Jim Parsons as the host, and musical guest Beck.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video