'Godzilla' Full Trailer Teases Other Monsters
"Godzilla" has more than one monster as suggested in the first official full trailer. In between footage of terrified crowds, devastating city ruins, and a flash of the roaring Godzilla, the video offers very brief glimpses of what could be the other monsters.
At one point, a strange creature dotted with reddish orbs and a missile on its tip is shown. In another scene where fighter jets are falling from the sky like flies, something gigantic with two sharp horns is diving under the sea. And then there's a group of soldiers scrambling away from a talon-like object.
The nuclear origins of the titular monster are also explained. In a voiceover, Ken Watanabe recalls they awakened something in 1954 (the year when the first original "Godzilla" film was coincidentally released in Japan). He says the nuclear tests back then weren't actually tests, but an attempt to kill it. "The arrogance of man is thinking Nature is in our control, and not the other way around," he utters.
"You're not fooling anybody when you say that what happened was a natural disaster," a desperate Bryan Cranston, meanwhile, says. "You're lying! You're hiding something out there! It was not an earthquake, it wasn't a typhoon. This is what caused everything in the first place. Don't you see that! And it is going to send us back to the stone age..."
Described as an epic rebirth to Toho's iconic Godzilla, the film pits the world's most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence. Directed by Gareth Edwards, it is scheduled to make its way out in theaters across the country on May 16. Aaron Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen are among the cast members.
More Godzilla News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'