'Godzilla' Full Trailer Teases Other Monsters
"Godzilla" has more than one monster as suggested in the first official full trailer. In between footage of terrified crowds, devastating city ruins, and a flash of the roaring Godzilla, the video offers very brief glimpses of what could be the other monsters.
At one point, a strange creature dotted with reddish orbs and a missile on its tip is shown. In another scene where fighter jets are falling from the sky like flies, something gigantic with two sharp horns is diving under the sea. And then there's a group of soldiers scrambling away from a talon-like object.
The nuclear origins of the titular monster are also explained. In a voiceover, Ken Watanabe recalls they awakened something in 1954 (the year when the first original "Godzilla" film was coincidentally released in Japan). He says the nuclear tests back then weren't actually tests, but an attempt to kill it. "The arrogance of man is thinking Nature is in our control, and not the other way around," he utters.
"You're not fooling anybody when you say that what happened was a natural disaster," a desperate Bryan Cranston, meanwhile, says. "You're lying! You're hiding something out there! It was not an earthquake, it wasn't a typhoon. This is what caused everything in the first place. Don't you see that! And it is going to send us back to the stone age..."
Described as an epic rebirth to Toho's iconic Godzilla, the film pits the world's most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence. Directed by Gareth Edwards, it is scheduled to make its way out in theaters across the country on May 16. Aaron Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen are among the cast members.
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role