'Godzilla' Full Trailer Teases Other Monsters
"Godzilla" has more than one monster as suggested in the first official full trailer. In between footage of terrified crowds, devastating city ruins, and a flash of the roaring Godzilla, the video offers very brief glimpses of what could be the other monsters.
At one point, a strange creature dotted with reddish orbs and a missile on its tip is shown. In another scene where fighter jets are falling from the sky like flies, something gigantic with two sharp horns is diving under the sea. And then there's a group of soldiers scrambling away from a talon-like object.
The nuclear origins of the titular monster are also explained. In a voiceover, Ken Watanabe recalls they awakened something in 1954 (the year when the first original "Godzilla" film was coincidentally released in Japan). He says the nuclear tests back then weren't actually tests, but an attempt to kill it. "The arrogance of man is thinking Nature is in our control, and not the other way around," he utters.
"You're not fooling anybody when you say that what happened was a natural disaster," a desperate Bryan Cranston, meanwhile, says. "You're lying! You're hiding something out there! It was not an earthquake, it wasn't a typhoon. This is what caused everything in the first place. Don't you see that! And it is going to send us back to the stone age..."
Described as an epic rebirth to Toho's iconic Godzilla, the film pits the world's most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence. Directed by Gareth Edwards, it is scheduled to make its way out in theaters across the country on May 16. Aaron Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen are among the cast members.
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger