Coldplay Releases Surprise New Song 'Midnight' and Its Video
Coldplay surprised fans with the release of a new single and its music video companion. "Midnight", an atmospheric and amniotic electronic track, was released on Tuesday, February 25 together with a haunting video directed by Mary Wigmore.
The single is presumably taken from the band's upcoming sixth studio album. Packed with vocal overdubs, the song begins with chiming electronic before building a synth-heavy beat. It is a depart from the rock band's earlier works, and has the Bon Iver feel.
The black-and-white music video was shot in negative exposure by Wigmore who directed the band's "The Hardest Part" clip and is godmother to frontman Chris Martin and wife Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter Apple. Viewers get glimpses of the band members playing around in the woods and wolves wandering through.
There is no other information about the single. The new album, which will follow 2011's "Mylo Xyloto", is expected to arrive in either May or June this year. The band released single "Atlas" last year for the soundtrack of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire".
Coldplay's "Midnight" music video
More Coldplay News
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo