Coldplay Releases Surprise New Song 'Midnight' and Its Video
Coldplay surprised fans with the release of a new single and its music video companion. "Midnight", an atmospheric and amniotic electronic track, was released on Tuesday, February 25 together with a haunting video directed by Mary Wigmore.
The single is presumably taken from the band's upcoming sixth studio album. Packed with vocal overdubs, the song begins with chiming electronic before building a synth-heavy beat. It is a depart from the rock band's earlier works, and has the Bon Iver feel.
The black-and-white music video was shot in negative exposure by Wigmore who directed the band's "The Hardest Part" clip and is godmother to frontman Chris Martin and wife Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter Apple. Viewers get glimpses of the band members playing around in the woods and wolves wandering through.
There is no other information about the single. The new album, which will follow 2011's "Mylo Xyloto", is expected to arrive in either May or June this year. The band released single "Atlas" last year for the soundtrack of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire".
Coldplay's "Midnight" music video
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video