Coldplay Releases Surprise New Song 'Midnight' and Its Video
Coldplay surprised fans with the release of a new single and its music video companion. "Midnight", an atmospheric and amniotic electronic track, was released on Tuesday, February 25 together with a haunting video directed by Mary Wigmore.
The single is presumably taken from the band's upcoming sixth studio album. Packed with vocal overdubs, the song begins with chiming electronic before building a synth-heavy beat. It is a depart from the rock band's earlier works, and has the Bon Iver feel.
The black-and-white music video was shot in negative exposure by Wigmore who directed the band's "The Hardest Part" clip and is godmother to frontman Chris Martin and wife Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter Apple. Viewers get glimpses of the band members playing around in the woods and wolves wandering through.
There is no other information about the single. The new album, which will follow 2011's "Mylo Xyloto", is expected to arrive in either May or June this year. The band released single "Atlas" last year for the soundtrack of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire".
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch