Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Video Reaches 1 Billion Mark on Vevo
Despite getting a series of bad press, Justin Bieber continues to gain fame for his work. The music video of his breakout single "Baby", which was released in 2010, has officially reached 1 billion views on Vevo.
"Justin Bieber's 'Baby' music video reaching one billion views and 10x certified across Vevo is a huge milestone, both for Justin and Vevo," Doug McVehil, SVP of content and programming for Vevo, told Billboard. " 'Baby' premiered across Vevo in February 2010, just two months after our platform launched. Four years later, Vevo is the number one music video platform in 13 countries on web, mobile/tablet and TV apps, and Justin is a household name. We really feel like Vevo and Justin have grown together."
With the accolade, Bieber became the youngest artist to reach the milestone while the video became Vevo's most-watched clip ever. In addition, "Baby" is the only video to be certified 10 times across Vevo, which is similar to albums getting gold or platinum certification. Besides "Baby", Bieber's other videos such as "Never Say Never" and "One Less Lonely Girl" were also certified by Vevo after passing the 100 million mark.
Bieber owes it to his fans who made a big movement to reach the 1 billion mark before the pop singer turns 20 on March 1.
More Justin Bieber News
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child