Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Video Reaches 1 Billion Mark on Vevo
Despite getting a series of bad press, Justin Bieber continues to gain fame for his work. The music video of his breakout single "Baby", which was released in 2010, has officially reached 1 billion views on Vevo.
"Justin Bieber's 'Baby' music video reaching one billion views and 10x certified across Vevo is a huge milestone, both for Justin and Vevo," Doug McVehil, SVP of content and programming for Vevo, told Billboard. " 'Baby' premiered across Vevo in February 2010, just two months after our platform launched. Four years later, Vevo is the number one music video platform in 13 countries on web, mobile/tablet and TV apps, and Justin is a household name. We really feel like Vevo and Justin have grown together."
With the accolade, Bieber became the youngest artist to reach the milestone while the video became Vevo's most-watched clip ever. In addition, "Baby" is the only video to be certified 10 times across Vevo, which is similar to albums getting gold or platinum certification. Besides "Baby", Bieber's other videos such as "Never Say Never" and "One Less Lonely Girl" were also certified by Vevo after passing the 100 million mark.
Bieber owes it to his fans who made a big movement to reach the 1 billion mark before the pop singer turns 20 on March 1.
More Justin Bieber News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars