Video: Josh Groban Sings 'Special Song' to Salute Jimmy Kimmel on 2000th Episode
On the night Seth Meyers made his debut as "Late Night" host, Jimmy Kimmel celebrated a milestone as his own talk show hit 2000 episodes on Monday, February 24. In his opening monologue, Kimmel made it clear that he didn't have any surprises for his audience, saying, "You know, if this was Oprah's 2,000th show, you guys here in the studio audience would probably walk away with some cool stuff. But it's not Oprah [Winfrey], it's me, so you won't."
But Kimmel got a nice treat from Josh Groban, who prepared a "special song" to celebrate Kimmel's 2000th show. He wanted to look back at what the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" host has done in 11 years, but he apparently didn't do some research first since he kept making the wrong references.
Groban mistook Kimmel for Matthew Perry, Batman, Octomom a.k.a. Nadya Suleman and perhaps a detective character on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" as he mentioned the things he thought Kimmel had done on the talk show.
"Jimmy is f**king Matt Damon," Groban also sang. "No, no, it was not Matt Damon, it was Ben Affleck," Kimmel protested. "You were actually in that video. You should know that it wasn't Matt Damon, it was Ben Affleck... that I f**ked."
After completing the performance, Groban said, "We're gonna miss you Jimmy. We're gonna miss you a lot," but Kimmel said he's not going anywhere.
More Jimmy Kimmel Live! News
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood