Video: Josh Groban Sings 'Special Song' to Salute Jimmy Kimmel on 2000th Episode
On the night Seth Meyers made his debut as "Late Night" host, Jimmy Kimmel celebrated a milestone as his own talk show hit 2000 episodes on Monday, February 24. In his opening monologue, Kimmel made it clear that he didn't have any surprises for his audience, saying, "You know, if this was Oprah's 2,000th show, you guys here in the studio audience would probably walk away with some cool stuff. But it's not Oprah [Winfrey], it's me, so you won't."
But Kimmel got a nice treat from Josh Groban, who prepared a "special song" to celebrate Kimmel's 2000th show. He wanted to look back at what the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" host has done in 11 years, but he apparently didn't do some research first since he kept making the wrong references.
Groban mistook Kimmel for Matthew Perry, Batman, Octomom a.k.a. Nadya Suleman and perhaps a detective character on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" as he mentioned the things he thought Kimmel had done on the talk show.
"Jimmy is f**king Matt Damon," Groban also sang. "No, no, it was not Matt Damon, it was Ben Affleck," Kimmel protested. "You were actually in that video. You should know that it wasn't Matt Damon, it was Ben Affleck... that I f**ked."
After completing the performance, Groban said, "We're gonna miss you Jimmy. We're gonna miss you a lot," but Kimmel said he's not going anywhere.
More Jimmy Kimmel Live! News
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner