Salma Hayek's Brother Involved in Fatal Car Accident
Salma Hayek's younger brother, Sami Hayek, is hospitalized following a fatal car accident. According to the Los Angeles Police Department, the crash took place on Sunday, February 23 at 4:50 P.M.
KTLA reports that the 40-year-old Sami was driving a 2006 Ford GT eastbound in the 10200 block of Sunset Boulevard when he lost control of the car, crossed into westbound lanes and hit a Toyota Tacoma pickup. The victim, identified as 43-year-old Ian Cutler Sala of New York, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sami and the other driver Alvin Gomez suffered from some injuries. Sami was rushed to hospital with broken ribs and facial lacerations while Alvin suffered a broken foot. The police are currently investigating the case. No arrests have been made.
Salma's recent movie credits included "Grown Ups" and "Grown Ups 2" where she played alongside Adam Sandler and Chris Rock among others. Sami is a furniture designer who is based in Los Angeles.
More Salma Hayek News
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'