Salma Hayek's Brother Involved in Fatal Car Accident
Salma Hayek's younger brother, Sami Hayek, is hospitalized following a fatal car accident. According to the Los Angeles Police Department, the crash took place on Sunday, February 23 at 4:50 P.M.
KTLA reports that the 40-year-old Sami was driving a 2006 Ford GT eastbound in the 10200 block of Sunset Boulevard when he lost control of the car, crossed into westbound lanes and hit a Toyota Tacoma pickup. The victim, identified as 43-year-old Ian Cutler Sala of New York, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sami and the other driver Alvin Gomez suffered from some injuries. Sami was rushed to hospital with broken ribs and facial lacerations while Alvin suffered a broken foot. The police are currently investigating the case. No arrests have been made.
Salma's recent movie credits included "Grown Ups" and "Grown Ups 2" where she played alongside Adam Sandler and Chris Rock among others. Sami is a furniture designer who is based in Los Angeles.
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot