Salma Hayek's Brother Involved in Fatal Car Accident
Salma Hayek's younger brother, Sami Hayek, is hospitalized following a fatal car accident. According to the Los Angeles Police Department, the crash took place on Sunday, February 23 at 4:50 P.M.
KTLA reports that the 40-year-old Sami was driving a 2006 Ford GT eastbound in the 10200 block of Sunset Boulevard when he lost control of the car, crossed into westbound lanes and hit a Toyota Tacoma pickup. The victim, identified as 43-year-old Ian Cutler Sala of New York, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sami and the other driver Alvin Gomez suffered from some injuries. Sami was rushed to hospital with broken ribs and facial lacerations while Alvin suffered a broken foot. The police are currently investigating the case. No arrests have been made.
Salma's recent movie credits included "Grown Ups" and "Grown Ups 2" where she played alongside Adam Sandler and Chris Rock among others. Sami is a furniture designer who is based in Los Angeles.
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years