Salma Hayek's Brother Involved in Fatal Car Accident
Salma Hayek's younger brother, Sami Hayek, is hospitalized following a fatal car accident. According to the Los Angeles Police Department, the crash took place on Sunday, February 23 at 4:50 P.M.
KTLA reports that the 40-year-old Sami was driving a 2006 Ford GT eastbound in the 10200 block of Sunset Boulevard when he lost control of the car, crossed into westbound lanes and hit a Toyota Tacoma pickup. The victim, identified as 43-year-old Ian Cutler Sala of New York, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sami and the other driver Alvin Gomez suffered from some injuries. Sami was rushed to hospital with broken ribs and facial lacerations while Alvin suffered a broken foot. The police are currently investigating the case. No arrests have been made.
Salma's recent movie credits included "Grown Ups" and "Grown Ups 2" where she played alongside Adam Sandler and Chris Rock among others. Sami is a furniture designer who is based in Los Angeles.
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video