Salma Hayek's Brother Involved in Fatal Car Accident
Salma Hayek's younger brother, Sami Hayek, is hospitalized following a fatal car accident. According to the Los Angeles Police Department, the crash took place on Sunday, February 23 at 4:50 P.M.
KTLA reports that the 40-year-old Sami was driving a 2006 Ford GT eastbound in the 10200 block of Sunset Boulevard when he lost control of the car, crossed into westbound lanes and hit a Toyota Tacoma pickup. The victim, identified as 43-year-old Ian Cutler Sala of New York, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sami and the other driver Alvin Gomez suffered from some injuries. Sami was rushed to hospital with broken ribs and facial lacerations while Alvin suffered a broken foot. The police are currently investigating the case. No arrests have been made.
Salma's recent movie credits included "Grown Ups" and "Grown Ups 2" where she played alongside Adam Sandler and Chris Rock among others. Sami is a furniture designer who is based in Los Angeles.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame