'The Voice' Season 6 Premiere: Bria Kelly Is Frontrunner on Blind Auditons
"The Voice" officially kicked off its sixth season with the first part of Blind Auditions on Monday, February 24. Following the tradition, the coaches joined forces for a musical performance early in the premiere episode before the competition began.
After Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Shakira and Usher sang a medley of each other's songs, they took a seat on the iconic turning chairs. The first contestant to perform was Christina Grimmie, whose rendition of Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" got all four coaches to turn their chairs. She picked Adam as her coach.
T.J. Wilkins got the three male coaches fight over him after he performed "Benny and the Jets" by Elton John. The 23-year-old from South Central Los Angeles chose to be on Team Usher.
Adam and Shakira wanted Kristen Merlin, who sang "Something More" by Sugarland, on their team. Blake coaxed her into joining Team Shakira and the singing hopeful indeed chose Shakira as her coach.
Also scoring a spot in the competition was Biff Gore, a 45-year-old father of five. The full-time worship pastor's performance of "A Chance is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke captured the hearts of all four coaches, but he eventually picked Usher.
Adam and Shakira once again found themselves battling it out for a contestant, this time it was Dawn & Hawkes, a couple and a singing duo who performed "I've Seen a Face". Blake and Usher tried to convince them to join Team Shakira, but the duo chose to be with Adam instead.
Shakira later won over Blake when they turned their chairs for 26-year-old classic rocker Jeremy Briggs, who sang "Bad Company". Jake Worthington, who got rejected in season 5, returned and Blake recognized him after he and Adam quickly turned their chairs. Shakira also turned, but Jake landed his choice on Blake.
Bria Kelly was the last artist who performed that night and got a four-chair turnaround. She delivered a stunning performance of "Steamroller Blues" by James Taylor and despite having opened for Blake's wife Miranda Lambert, she chose to be on Team Usher. On a side note, Bria was a semi-finalist in season 7 of "America's Got Talent".
More The Voice News
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head