'The Voice' Season 6 Premiere: Bria Kelly Is Frontrunner on Blind Auditons
"The Voice" officially kicked off its sixth season with the first part of Blind Auditions on Monday, February 24. Following the tradition, the coaches joined forces for a musical performance early in the premiere episode before the competition began.
After Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Shakira and Usher sang a medley of each other's songs, they took a seat on the iconic turning chairs. The first contestant to perform was Christina Grimmie, whose rendition of Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" got all four coaches to turn their chairs. She picked Adam as her coach.
T.J. Wilkins got the three male coaches fight over him after he performed "Benny and the Jets" by Elton John. The 23-year-old from South Central Los Angeles chose to be on Team Usher.
Adam and Shakira wanted Kristen Merlin, who sang "Something More" by Sugarland, on their team. Blake coaxed her into joining Team Shakira and the singing hopeful indeed chose Shakira as her coach.
Also scoring a spot in the competition was Biff Gore, a 45-year-old father of five. The full-time worship pastor's performance of "A Chance is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke captured the hearts of all four coaches, but he eventually picked Usher.
Adam and Shakira once again found themselves battling it out for a contestant, this time it was Dawn & Hawkes, a couple and a singing duo who performed "I've Seen a Face". Blake and Usher tried to convince them to join Team Shakira, but the duo chose to be with Adam instead.
Shakira later won over Blake when they turned their chairs for 26-year-old classic rocker Jeremy Briggs, who sang "Bad Company". Jake Worthington, who got rejected in season 5, returned and Blake recognized him after he and Adam quickly turned their chairs. Shakira also turned, but Jake landed his choice on Blake.
Bria Kelly was the last artist who performed that night and got a four-chair turnaround. She delivered a stunning performance of "Steamroller Blues" by James Taylor and despite having opened for Blake's wife Miranda Lambert, she chose to be on Team Usher. On a side note, Bria was a semi-finalist in season 7 of "America's Got Talent".
More The Voice News
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef