Jamie Lee Curtis to Star on CBS' Soapy Medical Drama
Jamie Lee Curtis may have scored her first series regular role in more than two decades. The Golden Globe-winning actress has signed up to headline CBS' pilot tentatively called "Only Human" from "Brothers & Sisters" executive producer David Marshall Grant.
The soapy medical drama is based on the Israeli format, "Ran Quartet", about three brothers and a sister who grew up on a reality show. Curtis will play Caroline, the quadruplets' mother who is a dynamic and distinguished physician who now runs the Easton Hospital.
According The Hollywood Reporter, "Caroline seems hard-hitting and demanding, especially where her son Jonathan, a new hire at the hospital, is concerned. But her toughness really covers a devastating loss that she has never quite recovered from -- the death of her husband from a rare genetic disease. And the fact that her children have a 50-50 chance of meeting the same fate has colored her life ever since."
Should CBS move forward with the project, it would be Curtis' first regular TV role since 1989's "Anything But Love". The Laurie Strode of "Halloween" movies recently guest starred on "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" and "New Girl" and will next be seen in "Veronica Mars" movie.
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair