Jamie Lee Curtis to Star on CBS' Soapy Medical Drama
Jamie Lee Curtis may have scored her first series regular role in more than two decades. The Golden Globe-winning actress has signed up to headline CBS' pilot tentatively called "Only Human" from "Brothers & Sisters" executive producer David Marshall Grant.
The soapy medical drama is based on the Israeli format, "Ran Quartet", about three brothers and a sister who grew up on a reality show. Curtis will play Caroline, the quadruplets' mother who is a dynamic and distinguished physician who now runs the Easton Hospital.
According The Hollywood Reporter, "Caroline seems hard-hitting and demanding, especially where her son Jonathan, a new hire at the hospital, is concerned. But her toughness really covers a devastating loss that she has never quite recovered from -- the death of her husband from a rare genetic disease. And the fact that her children have a 50-50 chance of meeting the same fate has colored her life ever since."
Should CBS move forward with the project, it would be Curtis' first regular TV role since 1989's "Anything But Love". The Laurie Strode of "Halloween" movies recently guest starred on "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" and "New Girl" and will next be seen in "Veronica Mars" movie.
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split