Jamie Lee Curtis to Star on CBS' Soapy Medical Drama
Jamie Lee Curtis may have scored her first series regular role in more than two decades. The Golden Globe-winning actress has signed up to headline CBS' pilot tentatively called "Only Human" from "Brothers & Sisters" executive producer David Marshall Grant.
The soapy medical drama is based on the Israeli format, "Ran Quartet", about three brothers and a sister who grew up on a reality show. Curtis will play Caroline, the quadruplets' mother who is a dynamic and distinguished physician who now runs the Easton Hospital.
According The Hollywood Reporter, "Caroline seems hard-hitting and demanding, especially where her son Jonathan, a new hire at the hospital, is concerned. But her toughness really covers a devastating loss that she has never quite recovered from -- the death of her husband from a rare genetic disease. And the fact that her children have a 50-50 chance of meeting the same fate has colored her life ever since."
Should CBS move forward with the project, it would be Curtis' first regular TV role since 1989's "Anything But Love". The Laurie Strode of "Halloween" movies recently guest starred on "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" and "New Girl" and will next be seen in "Veronica Mars" movie.
More Jamie Lee Curtis News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says