Jamie Lee Curtis to Star on CBS' Soapy Medical Drama
Jamie Lee Curtis may have scored her first series regular role in more than two decades. The Golden Globe-winning actress has signed up to headline CBS' pilot tentatively called "Only Human" from "Brothers & Sisters" executive producer David Marshall Grant.
The soapy medical drama is based on the Israeli format, "Ran Quartet", about three brothers and a sister who grew up on a reality show. Curtis will play Caroline, the quadruplets' mother who is a dynamic and distinguished physician who now runs the Easton Hospital.
According The Hollywood Reporter, "Caroline seems hard-hitting and demanding, especially where her son Jonathan, a new hire at the hospital, is concerned. But her toughness really covers a devastating loss that she has never quite recovered from -- the death of her husband from a rare genetic disease. And the fact that her children have a 50-50 chance of meeting the same fate has colored her life ever since."
Should CBS move forward with the project, it would be Curtis' first regular TV role since 1989's "Anything But Love". The Laurie Strode of "Halloween" movies recently guest starred on "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" and "New Girl" and will next be seen in "Veronica Mars" movie.
More Jamie Lee Curtis News
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds