Jamie Lee Curtis to Star on CBS' Soapy Medical Drama
Jamie Lee Curtis may have scored her first series regular role in more than two decades. The Golden Globe-winning actress has signed up to headline CBS' pilot tentatively called "Only Human" from "Brothers & Sisters" executive producer David Marshall Grant.
The soapy medical drama is based on the Israeli format, "Ran Quartet", about three brothers and a sister who grew up on a reality show. Curtis will play Caroline, the quadruplets' mother who is a dynamic and distinguished physician who now runs the Easton Hospital.
According The Hollywood Reporter, "Caroline seems hard-hitting and demanding, especially where her son Jonathan, a new hire at the hospital, is concerned. But her toughness really covers a devastating loss that she has never quite recovered from -- the death of her husband from a rare genetic disease. And the fact that her children have a 50-50 chance of meeting the same fate has colored her life ever since."
Should CBS move forward with the project, it would be Curtis' first regular TV role since 1989's "Anything But Love". The Laurie Strode of "Halloween" movies recently guest starred on "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" and "New Girl" and will next be seen in "Veronica Mars" movie.
More Jamie Lee Curtis News
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!