Amanda Bynes Strikes Plea Deal in DUI Case
Amanda Bynes' DUI case, which stemmed from a 2012 accident in which she crashed into a police car, has been dismissed. According to TMZ, the star's lawyer Rich Hutton entered a no-contest plea to "wet reckless," a charge which carries less serious consequences, on Monday, February 24.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Edward Moreton sentenced Bynes to three years of probation. She is also required to attend a 3-month alcohol education program and pay fines. Her license apparently will be suspended because she refused to take a test during her arrest. Bynes was not present during the Monday court session.
In April 2012, Bynes' BMW allegedly slammed into the back of a police car in West Hollywood. Both cars sustained minor damage. In addition to the DUI charge, the "Easy A" actress was involved in a bong-tossing case.
The 27-year-old star was treated in a psychiatric treatment facility and was released in December. Bynes is currently studying at a Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM). "Everything is fine. She's doing great," her attorney Bob Wilson told PEOPLE last week.
More Amanda Bynes News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth