Official: Luke Bracey and Gerard Butler to Star in 'Point Break' Remake
The official cast for "Point Break" remake has finally been announced. "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" actor Luke Bracey and "Olympus Has Fallen" hunk Gerard Butler are tapped to play the lead roles in the forthcoming reboot.
Bracey will portray Johnny Utah, an FBI agent played by Keanu Reeves in the original. Meanwhile, Butler boards the project to play Bodhi, a charismatic surfer previously portrayed by the late Patrick Swayze in the Kathryn Bigelow-directed film.
"Invincible" helmer Ericson Core, who is also the cinematographer behind "The Fast and the Furious" and "Daredevil, The Movie", will sit behind the lens. Kurt Wimmer ("Salt", "Total Recall") writes the screenplay.
The names of the main characters remain the same and so does the plot which will follow an FBI agent infiltrating a crime ring. But this remake will be set in the international world of extreme sports, instead of the Southern California surf scene like in the original.
Bracey will next be seen in spy thriller "November Man" and Nicholas Sparks adaptation "The Best of Me". As for Butler, his next projects include "How to Train Your Dragon 2" and "Gods of Egypt".
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child