Official: Luke Bracey and Gerard Butler to Star in 'Point Break' Remake
The official cast for "Point Break" remake has finally been announced. "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" actor Luke Bracey and "Olympus Has Fallen" hunk Gerard Butler are tapped to play the lead roles in the forthcoming reboot.
Bracey will portray Johnny Utah, an FBI agent played by Keanu Reeves in the original. Meanwhile, Butler boards the project to play Bodhi, a charismatic surfer previously portrayed by the late Patrick Swayze in the Kathryn Bigelow-directed film.
"Invincible" helmer Ericson Core, who is also the cinematographer behind "The Fast and the Furious" and "Daredevil, The Movie", will sit behind the lens. Kurt Wimmer ("Salt", "Total Recall") writes the screenplay.
The names of the main characters remain the same and so does the plot which will follow an FBI agent infiltrating a crime ring. But this remake will be set in the international world of extreme sports, instead of the Southern California surf scene like in the original.
Bracey will next be seen in spy thriller "November Man" and Nicholas Sparks adaptation "The Best of Me". As for Butler, his next projects include "How to Train Your Dragon 2" and "Gods of Egypt".
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters