Atlanta Residents' 'Protest' Against Justin Bieber Revealed as Prank
An apparent campaign to prevent Justin Bieber from moving into Buckhead neighborhood in Atlanta is revealed as a prank created by a local radio station. Some interns at Radio 100.5's "The Regular Guys" dressed up just like "rich" residents, wearing "a nice shirt with a high-waisted belt" and carrying signs which showed their disapproval toward Bieber's possible relocation, host Steve Rickman explained to E! News.
"We just sent tweets out, and that's it - just social media," he explained. "We did not send press releases or anything like that to our local affiliates. We're really not trying to, you know, burn everybody - we're just doing something fun." Rickman added that the team was "floored by the response" after the story was picked up by international media. "We just did it as a fun thing," he continued saying. "I mean it spun completely [out of control]...We're blown away. It's a home run when you're a morning radio show."
One of the staffers Tim Andrews played the role of Harold White, who pretended to be a retiree and long-time Buckhead resident. The prankster also made up a role of White's wife, who created the Facebook event to organize the "protest." Under the name of Buckhead Neighborhood Coalition, the group wrote, "Justin Bieber's relocation to Atlanta can be nothing but bad for our children, as well as the community."
The "Baby" singer seemingly addressed the issue about him eyeing the Atlanta mansion in his recent tweets. "I love GA. By the way...never even looked at that house. smh," he wrote on Monday, February 24. "Me, my team, and my beliebers we are focused on the music. that is what matters. Much love to everybody."
More Justin Bieber News
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis