Taylor Swift and One Direction Among Music Nominees at 2014 Kids' Choice Awards
The nominees for the upcoming Kids' Choice Awards have been announced. In music field, country/pop star Taylor Swift, British/Irish boyband One Direction and pop queen Katy Perry lead the pack with two nominations each.
Swift and Perry are both up for Favorite Female Singer and Favorite Song awards. In the former category, the two artists are nominated alongside pop superstar Lady GaGa and former Disney princess Selena Gomez.
The latter category, meanwhile, sees a tough battle between Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble", Perry's "Roar", Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" and One Direction's "Story of My Life".
Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson are also nominated for Favorite Music Group alongside Adam Levine-fronted Maroon 5, "Counting Stars" hitmaker OneRepublic and rap duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
In Favorite Male Singer category, Bruno Mars is nominated alongside Latin singer Pitbull, pop star Justin Timberlake and Grammy Award-winning producer Pharrell Williams.
The winners of this year's Kids' Choice Awards will be revealed in a ceremony that's airing on Nickelodeon Network from the Galen Center in Los Angeles, California, on March 29. Mark Wahlberg has been tapped to host the show. Musical performers and presenters will be announced later.
2014 Kids' Choice Awards Music Nominees
Favorite Music Group
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director