Samuel Anderson Joins 'Doctor Who' as Possible New Male Companion
"Doctor Who" will welcome another new face when it returns with season 8. The show has added Samuel Anderson to the cast to play a recurring role as Danny Pink, a teacher at Coal Hill Secondary School where Jenna Coleman's Clara Oswald also teaches. He's rumored as a possible new male companion to the Doctor.
"I was so excited to join Doctor Who, I wanted to jump and click my heels, but I was scared I might not come down before filming started!" says the British actor, who will rejoin his fellow "Emmerdale" alum Coleman.
He adds, "It's a quintessential part of British culture and I can't believe I'm party of it. It's an honor to be able to work alongside Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman and I can't wait to show people how my character becomes involved with such a fantastic duo!"
Showrunner Steven Moffat says in a statement, "For the fourth time in Doctor Who history, Coal Hill School is coming to the aid of the TARDIS. In 1963 teachers Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright accompanied the First Doctor."
He further teases, "These days it's the turn of Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald. And very soon now, Sam Anderson as Danny Pink will be entering the world of the Doctor. But how and why? Answers are coming later this year in Peter Capaldi's first series of Doctor Who!"
The upcoming eighth season of the BBC series will feature Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor, replacing the 11th Doctor played by Matt Smith. Filming for the new installment began in January and will continue until August.
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks