Samuel Anderson Joins 'Doctor Who' as Possible New Male Companion
"Doctor Who" will welcome another new face when it returns with season 8. The show has added Samuel Anderson to the cast to play a recurring role as Danny Pink, a teacher at Coal Hill Secondary School where Jenna Coleman's Clara Oswald also teaches. He's rumored as a possible new male companion to the Doctor.
"I was so excited to join Doctor Who, I wanted to jump and click my heels, but I was scared I might not come down before filming started!" says the British actor, who will rejoin his fellow "Emmerdale" alum Coleman.
He adds, "It's a quintessential part of British culture and I can't believe I'm party of it. It's an honor to be able to work alongside Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman and I can't wait to show people how my character becomes involved with such a fantastic duo!"
Showrunner Steven Moffat says in a statement, "For the fourth time in Doctor Who history, Coal Hill School is coming to the aid of the TARDIS. In 1963 teachers Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright accompanied the First Doctor."
He further teases, "These days it's the turn of Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald. And very soon now, Sam Anderson as Danny Pink will be entering the world of the Doctor. But how and why? Answers are coming later this year in Peter Capaldi's first series of Doctor Who!"
The upcoming eighth season of the BBC series will feature Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor, replacing the 11th Doctor played by Matt Smith. Filming for the new installment began in January and will continue until August.
More Doctor Who News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special