Bradley Cooper Cast in WB's Crime Thriller 'American Blood'
Bradley Cooper adds another big movie to his plate. He is nominated for Oscar in "American Hustle", will next shoot real-life drama "American Sniper", and now is tapped to star in crime thriller "American Blood" for Warner Bros.
The film is about an NYPD officer-turned-mob informant who is involved in a dangerous investigation regarding a missing woman while living in the witness protection program in New Mexico. Andrew Sodroski ("Holland, Michigan") writes the script.
The story is adapted from New Zealand writer Ben Sanders' American debut novel of the same name. The book which will not be released until fall 2015 is expected to spawn sequels and thus become a potential franchise material for the film.
Cooper will also serve as one of the producers, but no director has been announced. According to The Hollywood Reporter, at least one other studio was involved in the bidding war against WB and several TV companies had expressed interest on the project.
Cooper will soon be heard voicing Rocket Raccoon in Marvel's much-awaited new superhero flick "Guardians of the Galaxy" due Stateside August 1. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, and Vin Diesel are among the cast ensemble.
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic