Bradley Cooper Cast in WB's Crime Thriller 'American Blood'
Bradley Cooper adds another big movie to his plate. He is nominated for Oscar in "American Hustle", will next shoot real-life drama "American Sniper", and now is tapped to star in crime thriller "American Blood" for Warner Bros.
The film is about an NYPD officer-turned-mob informant who is involved in a dangerous investigation regarding a missing woman while living in the witness protection program in New Mexico. Andrew Sodroski ("Holland, Michigan") writes the script.
The story is adapted from New Zealand writer Ben Sanders' American debut novel of the same name. The book which will not be released until fall 2015 is expected to spawn sequels and thus become a potential franchise material for the film.
Cooper will also serve as one of the producers, but no director has been announced. According to The Hollywood Reporter, at least one other studio was involved in the bidding war against WB and several TV companies had expressed interest on the project.
Cooper will soon be heard voicing Rocket Raccoon in Marvel's much-awaited new superhero flick "Guardians of the Galaxy" due Stateside August 1. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, and Vin Diesel are among the cast ensemble.
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory