Bradley Cooper Cast in WB's Crime Thriller 'American Blood'
Bradley Cooper adds another big movie to his plate. He is nominated for Oscar in "American Hustle", will next shoot real-life drama "American Sniper", and now is tapped to star in crime thriller "American Blood" for Warner Bros.
The film is about an NYPD officer-turned-mob informant who is involved in a dangerous investigation regarding a missing woman while living in the witness protection program in New Mexico. Andrew Sodroski ("Holland, Michigan") writes the script.
The story is adapted from New Zealand writer Ben Sanders' American debut novel of the same name. The book which will not be released until fall 2015 is expected to spawn sequels and thus become a potential franchise material for the film.
Cooper will also serve as one of the producers, but no director has been announced. According to The Hollywood Reporter, at least one other studio was involved in the bidding war against WB and several TV companies had expressed interest on the project.
Cooper will soon be heard voicing Rocket Raccoon in Marvel's much-awaited new superhero flick "Guardians of the Galaxy" due Stateside August 1. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, and Vin Diesel are among the cast ensemble.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen