Bradley Cooper Cast in WB's Crime Thriller 'American Blood'
Bradley Cooper adds another big movie to his plate. He is nominated for Oscar in "American Hustle", will next shoot real-life drama "American Sniper", and now is tapped to star in crime thriller "American Blood" for Warner Bros.
The film is about an NYPD officer-turned-mob informant who is involved in a dangerous investigation regarding a missing woman while living in the witness protection program in New Mexico. Andrew Sodroski ("Holland, Michigan") writes the script.
The story is adapted from New Zealand writer Ben Sanders' American debut novel of the same name. The book which will not be released until fall 2015 is expected to spawn sequels and thus become a potential franchise material for the film.
Cooper will also serve as one of the producers, but no director has been announced. According to The Hollywood Reporter, at least one other studio was involved in the bidding war against WB and several TV companies had expressed interest on the project.
Cooper will soon be heard voicing Rocket Raccoon in Marvel's much-awaited new superhero flick "Guardians of the Galaxy" due Stateside August 1. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, and Vin Diesel are among the cast ensemble.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences