Shakira Premieres New Single 'Empire'
Shortly after announcing "Empire" as her new single, Shakira premiered the new song on Vevo on Monday, February 24. The song opens with the Latin singer showing off her beautiful and strong vocals over the sound of piano.
She then unleashes her inner rock star as she belts out the chorus. "Like the empire of the world unite/ We are alive/ And the stars make love to the universe/ You're my wild fire every single night/ We are alive," she croons.
"Empire" comes as the follow-up to Shakira's collaboration hit with Rihanna, "Can't Remember to Forget You". The two tracks are set to be featured in "Shakira", the star's upcoming self-titled album that's scheduled to be released on March 25.
While putting final touches on what will be her tenth studio effort, Shakira will be busy with her role as a coach on "The Voice". The "Hips Don't Lie" hitmaker rejoins fellow coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Usher in the sixth season of the popular singing competition that premiered on the same day her "Empire" arrived.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle