Shakira Premieres New Single 'Empire'
Shortly after announcing "Empire" as her new single, Shakira premiered the new song on Vevo on Monday, February 24. The song opens with the Latin singer showing off her beautiful and strong vocals over the sound of piano.
She then unleashes her inner rock star as she belts out the chorus. "Like the empire of the world unite/ We are alive/ And the stars make love to the universe/ You're my wild fire every single night/ We are alive," she croons.
"Empire" comes as the follow-up to Shakira's collaboration hit with Rihanna, "Can't Remember to Forget You". The two tracks are set to be featured in "Shakira", the star's upcoming self-titled album that's scheduled to be released on March 25.
While putting final touches on what will be her tenth studio effort, Shakira will be busy with her role as a coach on "The Voice". The "Hips Don't Lie" hitmaker rejoins fellow coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Usher in the sixth season of the popular singing competition that premiered on the same day her "Empire" arrived.
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik Get Cuddly in V Magazine's 'Gigi's Journal'
- Get First Look at David Thewlis' Ares in New 'Wonder Woman' Footage
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right