Shakira Premieres New Single 'Empire'
Shortly after announcing "Empire" as her new single, Shakira premiered the new song on Vevo on Monday, February 24. The song opens with the Latin singer showing off her beautiful and strong vocals over the sound of piano.
She then unleashes her inner rock star as she belts out the chorus. "Like the empire of the world unite/ We are alive/ And the stars make love to the universe/ You're my wild fire every single night/ We are alive," she croons.
"Empire" comes as the follow-up to Shakira's collaboration hit with Rihanna, "Can't Remember to Forget You". The two tracks are set to be featured in "Shakira", the star's upcoming self-titled album that's scheduled to be released on March 25.
While putting final touches on what will be her tenth studio effort, Shakira will be busy with her role as a coach on "The Voice". The "Hips Don't Lie" hitmaker rejoins fellow coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Usher in the sixth season of the popular singing competition that premiered on the same day her "Empire" arrived.
More Shakira News
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016