Amanda Seyfried Replaces Mila Kunis as Female Lead in 'Ted 2'
It looks like John and Lori's happy ending in "Ted" won't last long. Despite the fact that Mark Wahlberg's character got married to Mila Kunis' at the end of the first movie, "Ted 2" finds a new love interest, played by Amanda Seyfried, for him.
However, Kunis is still expected to appear in the sequel playing a small role. According to Deadline, the shift happens due to creative differences between the creator Seth MacFarlane and his writing partners Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild.
It's unclear how Seyfried's character will fit into the story, but MacFarlane is set to voice the famous talking stuffed animal once again. The follow-up story to the 2012 R-rated comedy is slated to arrive in theaters across North America on June 26, 2015.
Deadline insists there is no fallout between MacFarlane and Kunis. Although her role is reduced in the "Ted" sequel, the "Jupiter Ascending" actress will continue to provide the voice of Meg on his show "Family Guy".
Meanwhile, "Ted 2" will be a second collaboration for MacFarlane and Seyfried. Before working on the new comedy, they have teamed up in "A Million Ways to Die in the West" which also stars Liam Neeson, Charlize Theron and Neil Patrick Harris.
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'