Amanda Seyfried Replaces Mila Kunis as Female Lead in 'Ted 2'
It looks like John and Lori's happy ending in "Ted" won't last long. Despite the fact that Mark Wahlberg's character got married to Mila Kunis' at the end of the first movie, "Ted 2" finds a new love interest, played by Amanda Seyfried, for him.
However, Kunis is still expected to appear in the sequel playing a small role. According to Deadline, the shift happens due to creative differences between the creator Seth MacFarlane and his writing partners Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild.
It's unclear how Seyfried's character will fit into the story, but MacFarlane is set to voice the famous talking stuffed animal once again. The follow-up story to the 2012 R-rated comedy is slated to arrive in theaters across North America on June 26, 2015.
Deadline insists there is no fallout between MacFarlane and Kunis. Although her role is reduced in the "Ted" sequel, the "Jupiter Ascending" actress will continue to provide the voice of Meg on his show "Family Guy".
Meanwhile, "Ted 2" will be a second collaboration for MacFarlane and Seyfried. Before working on the new comedy, they have teamed up in "A Million Ways to Die in the West" which also stars Liam Neeson, Charlize Theron and Neil Patrick Harris.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'