Amanda Seyfried Replaces Mila Kunis as Female Lead in 'Ted 2'
It looks like John and Lori's happy ending in "Ted" won't last long. Despite the fact that Mark Wahlberg's character got married to Mila Kunis' at the end of the first movie, "Ted 2" finds a new love interest, played by Amanda Seyfried, for him.
However, Kunis is still expected to appear in the sequel playing a small role. According to Deadline, the shift happens due to creative differences between the creator Seth MacFarlane and his writing partners Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild.
It's unclear how Seyfried's character will fit into the story, but MacFarlane is set to voice the famous talking stuffed animal once again. The follow-up story to the 2012 R-rated comedy is slated to arrive in theaters across North America on June 26, 2015.
Deadline insists there is no fallout between MacFarlane and Kunis. Although her role is reduced in the "Ted" sequel, the "Jupiter Ascending" actress will continue to provide the voice of Meg on his show "Family Guy".
Meanwhile, "Ted 2" will be a second collaboration for MacFarlane and Seyfried. Before working on the new comedy, they have teamed up in "A Million Ways to Die in the West" which also stars Liam Neeson, Charlize Theron and Neil Patrick Harris.
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC