Amanda Seyfried Replaces Mila Kunis as Female Lead in 'Ted 2'
It looks like John and Lori's happy ending in "Ted" won't last long. Despite the fact that Mark Wahlberg's character got married to Mila Kunis' at the end of the first movie, "Ted 2" finds a new love interest, played by Amanda Seyfried, for him.
However, Kunis is still expected to appear in the sequel playing a small role. According to Deadline, the shift happens due to creative differences between the creator Seth MacFarlane and his writing partners Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild.
It's unclear how Seyfried's character will fit into the story, but MacFarlane is set to voice the famous talking stuffed animal once again. The follow-up story to the 2012 R-rated comedy is slated to arrive in theaters across North America on June 26, 2015.
Deadline insists there is no fallout between MacFarlane and Kunis. Although her role is reduced in the "Ted" sequel, the "Jupiter Ascending" actress will continue to provide the voice of Meg on his show "Family Guy".
Meanwhile, "Ted 2" will be a second collaboration for MacFarlane and Seyfried. Before working on the new comedy, they have teamed up in "A Million Ways to Die in the West" which also stars Liam Neeson, Charlize Theron and Neil Patrick Harris.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service