Nicolas Cage Will Be a Grandfather
Nicolas Cage is excited to be a grandfather. The action movie star will be a grandfather for the first time after his son Weston Cage and his wife Danielle announced that they would be parents to a baby boy. The happy couple shared the news at the Kasem Cares Foundation's First Annual Fundraiser in Beverly Hills on Saturday night, February 22.
"It is a boy. Big boy, weighs a lot," Danielle told Closer Weekly. "I'm so excited! This wasn't necessarily planned, but it is completely welcomed. We're so happy to be giving birth eventually." When asked about the actor's reaction, Weston recalled, "He was ecstatic. His reaction was one of pure joy and bliss. Family is very important to us."
The 23-year-old Weston added, "My father and I actually speak everyday and Danielle and I texted him the ultrasound photograph which was actually confirmation of what we thought." The expectant mother continued saying that she and her husband wanted to have more children later. "We were both only children, so having multiples would be nice," she gushed.
Cage recently took part in a drama called "Joe", which was adapted from a 1991 novel with the same name by Larry Brown. Premiered at the 2013 Venice Film Festival, the movie tells the story of an ex-con who tried to be a role model to a 15-year-old boy.
More Nicolas Cage News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'