Nicolas Cage Will Be a Grandfather
Nicolas Cage is excited to be a grandfather. The action movie star will be a grandfather for the first time after his son Weston Cage and his wife Danielle announced that they would be parents to a baby boy. The happy couple shared the news at the Kasem Cares Foundation's First Annual Fundraiser in Beverly Hills on Saturday night, February 22.
"It is a boy. Big boy, weighs a lot," Danielle told Closer Weekly. "I'm so excited! This wasn't necessarily planned, but it is completely welcomed. We're so happy to be giving birth eventually." When asked about the actor's reaction, Weston recalled, "He was ecstatic. His reaction was one of pure joy and bliss. Family is very important to us."
The 23-year-old Weston added, "My father and I actually speak everyday and Danielle and I texted him the ultrasound photograph which was actually confirmation of what we thought." The expectant mother continued saying that she and her husband wanted to have more children later. "We were both only children, so having multiples would be nice," she gushed.
Cage recently took part in a drama called "Joe", which was adapted from a 1991 novel with the same name by Larry Brown. Premiered at the 2013 Venice Film Festival, the movie tells the story of an ex-con who tried to be a role model to a 15-year-old boy.
More Nicolas Cage News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama