Alec Baldwin Says He 'Can't Live in New York Anymore'
Alec Baldwin addresses many headline-making incidents related to him in a new essay published on New York Magazine. Among the topics he discusses in the lengthy piece is about quitting public life and moving out of New York, saying, "I've lived this for 30 years, I'm done with it."
"I probably have to move out of New York. I just can't live in New York anymore. Everything I hated about L.A. I'm beginning to crave. L.A. is a place where you live behind a gate, you get in a car, your interaction with the public is minimal. I used to hate that. But New York has changed," he says. "I want my newest child to have as normal and decent a life as I can provide. New York doesn't seem the place for that anymore."
In a major part of the piece, the "30 Rock" star talks about an altercation with a paparazzo in November, in which he was accused of throwing an anti-gay slur. "Do people really, really believe that, when I shouted at that guy, I called him a 'f****t' on-camera?" he writes. "I get angry, and I've said all sorts of things in anger, but I'd never use that word."
He additionally mentions a "friction" with Shia LaBeouf when working on a Broadway play "Orphans". The "Transformers" star eventually left the cast. "He (LaBeouf) had that card, that card you get when you make films that make a lot of money that gives you a certain kind of entitlement. I think he was surprised that it didn't work in the theater," Baldwin says.
More Alec Baldwin News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri