Alec Baldwin Says He 'Can't Live in New York Anymore'
Alec Baldwin addresses many headline-making incidents related to him in a new essay published on New York Magazine. Among the topics he discusses in the lengthy piece is about quitting public life and moving out of New York, saying, "I've lived this for 30 years, I'm done with it."
"I probably have to move out of New York. I just can't live in New York anymore. Everything I hated about L.A. I'm beginning to crave. L.A. is a place where you live behind a gate, you get in a car, your interaction with the public is minimal. I used to hate that. But New York has changed," he says. "I want my newest child to have as normal and decent a life as I can provide. New York doesn't seem the place for that anymore."
In a major part of the piece, the "30 Rock" star talks about an altercation with a paparazzo in November, in which he was accused of throwing an anti-gay slur. "Do people really, really believe that, when I shouted at that guy, I called him a 'f****t' on-camera?" he writes. "I get angry, and I've said all sorts of things in anger, but I'd never use that word."
He additionally mentions a "friction" with Shia LaBeouf when working on a Broadway play "Orphans". The "Transformers" star eventually left the cast. "He (LaBeouf) had that card, that card you get when you make films that make a lot of money that gives you a certain kind of entitlement. I think he was surprised that it didn't work in the theater," Baldwin says.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'