Alec Baldwin Says He 'Can't Live in New York Anymore'
Alec Baldwin addresses many headline-making incidents related to him in a new essay published on New York Magazine. Among the topics he discusses in the lengthy piece is about quitting public life and moving out of New York, saying, "I've lived this for 30 years, I'm done with it."
"I probably have to move out of New York. I just can't live in New York anymore. Everything I hated about L.A. I'm beginning to crave. L.A. is a place where you live behind a gate, you get in a car, your interaction with the public is minimal. I used to hate that. But New York has changed," he says. "I want my newest child to have as normal and decent a life as I can provide. New York doesn't seem the place for that anymore."
In a major part of the piece, the "30 Rock" star talks about an altercation with a paparazzo in November, in which he was accused of throwing an anti-gay slur. "Do people really, really believe that, when I shouted at that guy, I called him a 'f****t' on-camera?" he writes. "I get angry, and I've said all sorts of things in anger, but I'd never use that word."
He additionally mentions a "friction" with Shia LaBeouf when working on a Broadway play "Orphans". The "Transformers" star eventually left the cast. "He (LaBeouf) had that card, that card you get when you make films that make a lot of money that gives you a certain kind of entitlement. I think he was surprised that it didn't work in the theater," Baldwin says.
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna