'Full Metal Jacket' Actor Matthew Modine Wants to Play Dr. Strange
Matthew Modine wants to star in an upcoming movie adapted from Marvel's comic book. The actor has expressed his desire to take the lead role in "Dr. Strange" by posting a picture of the character and captioning it, "#Marvel I'd like to play #DoctorStrange - let's make this happen."
Modine, who's best know for his iconic role as Private Joker in "Full Metal Jacket", is no stranger to starring in a comic book movie. The 54-year-old star played Deputy Commissioner Peter Foley in 2012's "The Dark Knight Rises" which was directed by Christopher Nolan.
"Doctor Strange", created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko in 1963, centers on Strange who's forced to give up his lucrative job as a top-class neurosurgeon after a car accident cripples his hands. After saving the life of the Earth's Sorcerer Supreme, whom he initially seeks out in hopes of finding a cure, Strange is trained to be a Master of the Mystic Arts and goes on to protect Earth against various threats.
Earlier this week, The Hollywood Reporter said that four helmers were in contention to helm the "Dr. Strange" movie. They were Mark Andrews who co-wrote and co-directed Pixar's "Brave", Nikolaj Arcel who wrote and directed Oscar-nominated "A Royal Affair", Dean Israelite who helmed Paramount's upcoming sci-fi time-travel movie "Welcome to Yesterday" and Jonathan Levine who was behind "Warm Bodies" and "50/50".
More Doctor Strange News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones