Video: Miley Cyrus Brings Out The Flaming Lips to Sing 'Yoshimi' at L.A. Concert
Miley Cyrus has covered hits by artists like OutKast and Dolly Parton during her "Bangerz" shows. The former Disney star gave fans a special gift by bringing out two members of The Flaming Lips when she covered one of the band's songs at a Los Angeles concert on Saturday night, February 22.
That night's concert happened on the same day the band played their very first show at Oklahoma City's Blue Note Lounge 30 years ago. "I'm so f**king excited. I don't think you guys understand what this means right now. F**K YES," she told the audience before welcoming Wayne Coyne and Steven Drozd to her stage.
They then excited the crowd with the live rendition of The Flaming Lips' "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part 1". Cyrus shared the vocal duties with Coyne, who showed off his giant "F**K YEAH" balloon while singing.
The Flaming Lips' arrival wasn't the only surprising thing at the Saturday concert. At the same night, Cyrus was performing "Adore You" when she spotted fellow pop star Katy Perry in the front row and planted a kiss on the "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker's lips. "I just kissed a girl and I really liked it a lot," Cyrus announced.
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia