Video: Miley Cyrus Brings Out The Flaming Lips to Sing 'Yoshimi' at L.A. Concert
Miley Cyrus has covered hits by artists like OutKast and Dolly Parton during her "Bangerz" shows. The former Disney star gave fans a special gift by bringing out two members of The Flaming Lips when she covered one of the band's songs at a Los Angeles concert on Saturday night, February 22.
That night's concert happened on the same day the band played their very first show at Oklahoma City's Blue Note Lounge 30 years ago. "I'm so f**king excited. I don't think you guys understand what this means right now. F**K YES," she told the audience before welcoming Wayne Coyne and Steven Drozd to her stage.
They then excited the crowd with the live rendition of The Flaming Lips' "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part 1". Cyrus shared the vocal duties with Coyne, who showed off his giant "F**K YEAH" balloon while singing.
The Flaming Lips' arrival wasn't the only surprising thing at the Saturday concert. At the same night, Cyrus was performing "Adore You" when she spotted fellow pop star Katy Perry in the front row and planted a kiss on the "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker's lips. "I just kissed a girl and I really liked it a lot," Cyrus announced.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit