Video: Miley Cyrus Brings Out The Flaming Lips to Sing 'Yoshimi' at L.A. Concert
Miley Cyrus has covered hits by artists like OutKast and Dolly Parton during her "Bangerz" shows. The former Disney star gave fans a special gift by bringing out two members of The Flaming Lips when she covered one of the band's songs at a Los Angeles concert on Saturday night, February 22.
That night's concert happened on the same day the band played their very first show at Oklahoma City's Blue Note Lounge 30 years ago. "I'm so f**king excited. I don't think you guys understand what this means right now. F**K YES," she told the audience before welcoming Wayne Coyne and Steven Drozd to her stage.
They then excited the crowd with the live rendition of The Flaming Lips' "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part 1". Cyrus shared the vocal duties with Coyne, who showed off his giant "F**K YEAH" balloon while singing.
The Flaming Lips' arrival wasn't the only surprising thing at the Saturday concert. At the same night, Cyrus was performing "Adore You" when she spotted fellow pop star Katy Perry in the front row and planted a kiss on the "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker's lips. "I just kissed a girl and I really liked it a lot," Cyrus announced.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group