Sam Worthington Arrested for Allegedly Punching a Paparazzo
Sam Worthington has been arrested following an altercation with a paparazzo. According to CNN, the incident took place at 5:30 P.M. on Sunday, February 23 in Greenwich Village. NYPD Detective Kellyann Ort said that the "Avatar" actor allegedly punched a paparazzo named Sheng Li after he allegedly kicked Worthington's female companion in the shin.
Worthington was charged with assault and was issued a desk appearance ticket. The 37-year-old paparazzo, meanwhile, was charged with assault, harassment and reckless endangerment. TMZ reports that the paparazzo was still in custody. No one was hospitalized following the incident.
According to reports, Worthington's female companion that day was his girlfriend Lara Bingle. Last month, they were seen wearing matching rings on their ring fingers when they were in Sydney. According to E! News, Bingle was in a photo shoot for Australian retailer Cotton On and the star later came for a visit.
Worthington probably is mostly remembered for his role as Jake Sully in "Avatar". In addition to the 2009 movie, the Australian actor took part in other titles such as 2009's "Terminator Salvation", 2010's "Clash of the Titans" and 2012's "Man on a Ledge".
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Continue Their Love Affair With a Trip to Mall