Sam Worthington Arrested for Allegedly Punching a Paparazzo
Sam Worthington has been arrested following an altercation with a paparazzo. According to CNN, the incident took place at 5:30 P.M. on Sunday, February 23 in Greenwich Village. NYPD Detective Kellyann Ort said that the "Avatar" actor allegedly punched a paparazzo named Sheng Li after he allegedly kicked Worthington's female companion in the shin.
Worthington was charged with assault and was issued a desk appearance ticket. The 37-year-old paparazzo, meanwhile, was charged with assault, harassment and reckless endangerment. TMZ reports that the paparazzo was still in custody. No one was hospitalized following the incident.
According to reports, Worthington's female companion that day was his girlfriend Lara Bingle. Last month, they were seen wearing matching rings on their ring fingers when they were in Sydney. According to E! News, Bingle was in a photo shoot for Australian retailer Cotton On and the star later came for a visit.
Worthington probably is mostly remembered for his role as Jake Sully in "Avatar". In addition to the 2009 movie, the Australian actor took part in other titles such as 2009's "Terminator Salvation", 2010's "Clash of the Titans" and 2012's "Man on a Ledge".
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch