Cinema Audio Society Hands Out Top Awards to 'Gravity' and 'Frozen'
Cinema Audio Society held its 50th annual awards on Saturday, February 22. Taking top honors at the ceremony held in the Millennium Biltmore Hotel's famed Crystal Ballroom were "Gravity" and "Frozen (2013)".
The Alfonso Cuaron-directed sci-fi movie took home a gong for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Motion Picture - Live Action. A Disney family movie, "Frozen" was presented with an award for the same achievement in animated category.
Also walking home with an award that night was HBO's original movie "Behind the Candelabra". Meanwhile, "Game of Thrones" and "Modern Family" won a trophy each in other TV categories.
Academy Award winning producer Edward Zwick was honored with the Filmmaker Award, and the Career Achievement Award went to Re-recording Mixer Andy Nelson. "Receiving this award from the CAS is such an honor because it's from my peers," said Nelson, "people who love this craft as much as I do, and I am humbled by their generosity and commitment to excellence."
Winners of the 50th Annual CAS Awards:
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Motion Picture - Live Action: "Gravity"
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Motion Picture - Animated: "Frozen (2013)"
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Television Movie or Mini-Series:"Behind the Candelabra"
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for Television Series - One Hour: "Game of Thrones"
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for Television Series - Half Hour: "Modern Family"
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for Television Non Fiction, Variety or Music - Series or Specials: "History of the Eagles"
- Career Achievement Award: Andy Nelson
- Filmmaker Award: Edward Zwick
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie