Erin Andrews Tapped to Replace Brooke Burke on 'Dancing with the Stars'
It didn't take too long for "Dancing with the Stars" to find Brooke Burke's replacement. Just two days after confirming Burke's dismissal, the show has tapped Erin Andrews as its new co-host for season 18, various sites report.
The Fox Sports reporter will join longtime host Tom Bergeron on the ABC reality series. Similar to Burke, the former ESPN reporter was a contestant in season 10 of the dancing competition show, being partnered with Maksim Chmerkovskiy and finished third.
Burke, who had been a co-host since season 10 after previously winning the competition's 7th season, reportedly was only told on Friday, February 21 that she would not return for the next installment.
"I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting DWTS but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture," she said in a statement announcing her firing.
The 42-year-old model and television personality later took to Twitter to thank fans for their support, "Thanks for all the love & support. I loved my time in the ballroom & I'll love my next chapter too. Change is positive. Love you guys!"
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'