'Heroes' Returns to NBC Under 'Reborn'
NBC has officially announced the revival of its once-fruitful series "Heroes". The return is marked with the release of a teaser that doesn't give away anything other than the retitled "Heroes: Reborn".
"The enormous impact 'Heroes' had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening," NBC entertainment president Jennifer Salke said of the show's recommission. "Shows with [this] kind of resonance don't come around often and we thought it was time for another installment."
She continued, "We're thrilled that visionary creator Tim Kring was as excited about jumping back into this show as we were, and we look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept."
Salke hinted that old players, such as Hayden Panettiere and Milo Ventimiglia, might return for the series. "Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won't rule out the possibility of some of the show's original cast members popping back in," she said.
"Heroes" debuted with respectable rating in 2006 but its increasingly muddled storyline had cost the show its loyal fans. It was eventually canceled in 2010 after four years run.
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo