Chris Brown Extends Stay in Rehab at His Own Will
Chris Brown has completed his court-ordered stint in rehab but he felt the need to stay longer. The R 'n' B star decided to extend his 90 days in rehab for further treatment. "It was his choice," a source told E! News. "He will come out soon."
Brown was accused of assaulting a guy named Parker Adams in October 2013. The incident is a violation of his probation, stemming from the 2009 domestic assault case against his ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
Brown volunteered to enter a rehab in Malibu, California at that time but he was kicked out of the rehab program after throwing a rock through his mother Joyce's car window. He then was ordered by court to seek treatment for anger management at a different facility to avoid jail time.
Taking a break from rehab, Brown was spotted at a 2nd Call event on Friday, February 21. He was honored by the Los Angeles community for his work with the organization and his own Symphonic Love Foundation and Unity Campaign. "2nd Call honors tonight.. Really inspiring!" Brown wrote on Instagram.
On other news, Brown has announced a new release date for his sixth studio album. Titled "X", the album will hit the shelves on May 5 in the U.S. Brown called the effort "by far my best album yet" on Twitter.
More Chris Brown News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'