Chris Brown Extends Stay in Rehab at His Own Will
Chris Brown has completed his court-ordered stint in rehab but he felt the need to stay longer. The R 'n' B star decided to extend his 90 days in rehab for further treatment. "It was his choice," a source told E! News. "He will come out soon."
Brown was accused of assaulting a guy named Parker Adams in October 2013. The incident is a violation of his probation, stemming from the 2009 domestic assault case against his ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
Brown volunteered to enter a rehab in Malibu, California at that time but he was kicked out of the rehab program after throwing a rock through his mother Joyce's car window. He then was ordered by court to seek treatment for anger management at a different facility to avoid jail time.
Taking a break from rehab, Brown was spotted at a 2nd Call event on Friday, February 21. He was honored by the Los Angeles community for his work with the organization and his own Symphonic Love Foundation and Unity Campaign. "2nd Call honors tonight.. Really inspiring!" Brown wrote on Instagram.
On other news, Brown has announced a new release date for his sixth studio album. Titled "X", the album will hit the shelves on May 5 in the U.S. Brown called the effort "by far my best album yet" on Twitter.
More Chris Brown News
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton