NBC Orders Jennifer Lopez's 'Shades of Blue' to Series
Jennifer Lopez will headline a new scripted series on NBC. The network has ordered "Shades of Blue", starring the judge of "American Idol", straight to series with 13 episodes ordered for its first season.
The project is described as "a complex police series that centers on Harlee McCord (Lopez), a single mother and detective recruited to work undercover for the FBI's anti-corruption task force. Part of a close-knit unit known for its conviction record, Harlee has become compromised by her colleagues - all of whom also pitch in to help her raise her daughter - and finds herself faced with the moral dilemma of working against her cop brothers in order to redeem herself."
"Whether its producing, acting, singing or any of her other many entrepreneurial activities, Jennifer is an extraordinary talent and life force, and we're delighted to be in business with her and Adi Hasak on this sophisticated show," says NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke of greenlighting the new series.
"We're especially excited that Jennifer is returning to her acting roots from such great movies as Out of Sight and we know that she will create this complicated character in a vivid way that will breathe new life into the cop show genre."
Adi Hasak ("3 Days to Kill", "From Paris with Love") writes the series and serves as executive producer along with Ryan Seacrest. Production is set to begin in 2015 for the 2015-16 season broadcast.
Seacrest, who currently works with J.Lo on "Idol", adds, "Nina Wass loved the script from the moment she read it. When Elaine, Adi and Benny approached us about working on it, we jumped at the chance to collaborate with such amazing partners. The script is so powerful and ambitious, we can't wait to see Jennifer take on this remarkable role. Bob Greenblatt and Jen Salke's enthusiasm and support has been incredible, and we look forward to working with everyone at NBC."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns