LeBron James Denies 'Space Jam 2' Rumor
Rumor suggesting that LeBron James would star in "Space Jam 2" was denied by the NBA player's camp. Despite the swirling report, ESPN's Brian Windhorst tweeted, "Well it was fun while it lasted. LeBron sources refute Deadline report, there's no Space Jam 2 or Warner Bros. project in works."
Deadline previously reported that the long-awaited sequel to 1996's animated/live-action mash-up movie "Space Jam" was developed by Charlie and Willie Ebersol, the sons of sports broadcasting veteran Dick Ebersol, as a starring vehicle for the Miami Heat player.
Charlie who previously worked with the NFL was rumored to serve as a producer, while his brother Willie who won an Emmy for the London Olympics would reportedly handle the scriptwriting. The news emerged months after a fake poster for a rumored "Space Jam 2" film starring James hit the web.
Directed by Joe Pytka, the original "Space Jam" movie starred Michael Jordan and Looney Tunes characters. Legendary players like Larry Bird, Patrick Ewing and Charles Barkley supported the flick along with Hollywood stars such as Danny DeVito and Bill Murray. It raked in more than $230 million internationally.
The film's soundtrack was also a winner. While the album was certified at least 6x Platinum, one of the tracks in the CD, R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly", hit the top of the charts and earned him two Grammys.
Back in 2012, LeBorn proclaimed his love for "Space Jam". He tweeted, "I love that movie. Wish I could do Space Jam 2!" in response to a question from one of his followers. The athlete previously appeared on shows like "Entourage" and "Saturday Night Live".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance