Rihanna's Fan Admits to Faking Her Anti-Gay Comment
Rihanna never made an anti-gay comment on Instagram, the fan who framed her has confirmed. Controversy surfaced when someone using Rihanna's user name wrote "Arnt you gay? ...Nuff said blah!" in the comment section.
The comment popped up under one of Rihanna's birthday posts. Benvoy wrote, "Rihanna u going to hell girl." And then the fake Rihanna replied with the offensive comment. Benvoy has since received death threats and hate messages, TMZ reported.
Benvoy quickly took down a picture of the conversation screenshot and replaced it with an apology picture. He wrote, "The picture is a fake. Rihanna would never say something like that. I apologize on my behalf. I clearly wasn't thinking. Sorry Rihanna if I 'F' up your birthday." Benvoy also admitted to TMZ, "I lied. I don't know why. I just did."
Rihanna herself said through her representative that the picture containing the remark was "fake." The Barbadian singer has been known as a gay rights supporter. She posted a photo of her wearing a hat that read "P6" aka Principle 6 which is a movement to end Russia's anti-gay propaganda law.
More Rihanna News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7