Rihanna's Fan Admits to Faking Her Anti-Gay Comment
Rihanna never made an anti-gay comment on Instagram, the fan who framed her has confirmed. Controversy surfaced when someone using Rihanna's user name wrote "Arnt you gay? ...Nuff said blah!" in the comment section.
The comment popped up under one of Rihanna's birthday posts. Benvoy wrote, "Rihanna u going to hell girl." And then the fake Rihanna replied with the offensive comment. Benvoy has since received death threats and hate messages, TMZ reported.
Benvoy quickly took down a picture of the conversation screenshot and replaced it with an apology picture. He wrote, "The picture is a fake. Rihanna would never say something like that. I apologize on my behalf. I clearly wasn't thinking. Sorry Rihanna if I 'F' up your birthday." Benvoy also admitted to TMZ, "I lied. I don't know why. I just did."
Rihanna herself said through her representative that the picture containing the remark was "fake." The Barbadian singer has been known as a gay rights supporter. She posted a photo of her wearing a hat that read "P6" aka Principle 6 which is a movement to end Russia's anti-gay propaganda law.
More Rihanna News
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split