Rihanna's Fan Admits to Faking Her Anti-Gay Comment
Rihanna never made an anti-gay comment on Instagram, the fan who framed her has confirmed. Controversy surfaced when someone using Rihanna's user name wrote "Arnt you gay? ...Nuff said blah!" in the comment section.
The comment popped up under one of Rihanna's birthday posts. Benvoy wrote, "Rihanna u going to hell girl." And then the fake Rihanna replied with the offensive comment. Benvoy has since received death threats and hate messages, TMZ reported.
Benvoy quickly took down a picture of the conversation screenshot and replaced it with an apology picture. He wrote, "The picture is a fake. Rihanna would never say something like that. I apologize on my behalf. I clearly wasn't thinking. Sorry Rihanna if I 'F' up your birthday." Benvoy also admitted to TMZ, "I lied. I don't know why. I just did."
Rihanna herself said through her representative that the picture containing the remark was "fake." The Barbadian singer has been known as a gay rights supporter. She posted a photo of her wearing a hat that read "P6" aka Principle 6 which is a movement to end Russia's anti-gay propaganda law.
More Rihanna News
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii