Rihanna's Fan Admits to Faking Her Anti-Gay Comment
Rihanna never made an anti-gay comment on Instagram, the fan who framed her has confirmed. Controversy surfaced when someone using Rihanna's user name wrote "Arnt you gay? ...Nuff said blah!" in the comment section.
The comment popped up under one of Rihanna's birthday posts. Benvoy wrote, "Rihanna u going to hell girl." And then the fake Rihanna replied with the offensive comment. Benvoy has since received death threats and hate messages, TMZ reported.
Benvoy quickly took down a picture of the conversation screenshot and replaced it with an apology picture. He wrote, "The picture is a fake. Rihanna would never say something like that. I apologize on my behalf. I clearly wasn't thinking. Sorry Rihanna if I 'F' up your birthday." Benvoy also admitted to TMZ, "I lied. I don't know why. I just did."
Rihanna herself said through her representative that the picture containing the remark was "fake." The Barbadian singer has been known as a gay rights supporter. She posted a photo of her wearing a hat that read "P6" aka Principle 6 which is a movement to end Russia's anti-gay propaganda law.
More Rihanna News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart