LeBron James to Star in 'Space Jam 2'
The long-awaited sequel to 1996's animated/live-action mash-up movie "Space Jam" is officially announced. According to Deadline, the second film is developed by the sons of sports broadcasting veteran Dick Ebersol as a starring vehicle for LeBron James.
Charlie Ebersol will serve as a producer for "Space Jam 2", while his brother Willie Ebersol writes the script for the project. No candidate for the director is announced. Charlie previously worked with the NFL, while Willie won an Emmy for the London Olympics.
Directed by Joe Pytka, the original "Space Jam" movie starred Michael Jordan and Looney Tunes characters. Legendary players like Larry Bird, Patrick Ewing and Charles Barkley supported the flick along with Hollywood stars such as Danny DeVito and Bill Murray. It raked in more than $230 million internationally.
The film's soundtrack was also a winner. While the album was certified at least 6x Platinum, one of the tracks in the CD, R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly", hit the top of the charts and earned him two Grammys.
Back in 2012, LeBorn proclaimed his love for "Space Jam". He tweeted, "I love that movie. Wish I could do Space Jam 2!" in response to a question from one of his followers.
The athlete previously appeared on shows like "Entourage" and "Saturday Night Live". Though it's not his first foray into acting, the movie will be his first major feature film.
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos