LeBron James to Star in 'Space Jam 2'
The long-awaited sequel to 1996's animated/live-action mash-up movie "Space Jam" is officially announced. According to Deadline, the second film is developed by the sons of sports broadcasting veteran Dick Ebersol as a starring vehicle for LeBron James.
Charlie Ebersol will serve as a producer for "Space Jam 2", while his brother Willie Ebersol writes the script for the project. No candidate for the director is announced. Charlie previously worked with the NFL, while Willie won an Emmy for the London Olympics.
Directed by Joe Pytka, the original "Space Jam" movie starred Michael Jordan and Looney Tunes characters. Legendary players like Larry Bird, Patrick Ewing and Charles Barkley supported the flick along with Hollywood stars such as Danny DeVito and Bill Murray. It raked in more than $230 million internationally.
The film's soundtrack was also a winner. While the album was certified at least 6x Platinum, one of the tracks in the CD, R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly", hit the top of the charts and earned him two Grammys.
Back in 2012, LeBorn proclaimed his love for "Space Jam". He tweeted, "I love that movie. Wish I could do Space Jam 2!" in response to a question from one of his followers.
The athlete previously appeared on shows like "Entourage" and "Saturday Night Live". Though it's not his first foray into acting, the movie will be his first major feature film.
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo