Lily Allen on Naming New Album 'Sheezus': It's a Nod to Kanye West
Inspired by Kanye West's "Yeezus", Lily Allen has named her upcoming comeback album "Sheezus". According to Glamour U.K., the British singer who ended her hiatus a few months ago announced the title during her recent visit to BBC's "The Graham Norton Show".
"It's a confident title choice, and a little nod to Kanye West," Allen told the show's host before taking the stage to perform her latest single, "Air Baloon". The follow-up to 2009's "It's Not Me, It's You" is expected to arrive in late spring.
Allen has confirmed the title of her anticipated album. On Friday, February 21, she took to Twitter to explain that the title "is an homage, not a piss take." She also shared an accompanying artwork.
Whatever the album's name will be, it will feature lead single "Hard Out Here" which arrived late last year, as well as the second offering "Air Baloon". Additionally, the 28-year-old artist recently made a contribution to the soundtrack of HBO's "Girls" by recording a song titled "L8 CMMR".
The song appears in "Girls, Vol. 2: All Adventurous Women Do...", "Girls" soundtrack album that also features new tracks from Miguel, Vampire Weekend and Beck among others.
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6