Lily Allen on Naming New Album 'Sheezus': It's a Nod to Kanye West
Inspired by Kanye West's "Yeezus", Lily Allen has named her upcoming comeback album "Sheezus". According to Glamour U.K., the British singer who ended her hiatus a few months ago announced the title during her recent visit to BBC's "The Graham Norton Show".
"It's a confident title choice, and a little nod to Kanye West," Allen told the show's host before taking the stage to perform her latest single, "Air Baloon". The follow-up to 2009's "It's Not Me, It's You" is expected to arrive in late spring.
Allen has confirmed the title of her anticipated album. On Friday, February 21, she took to Twitter to explain that the title "is an homage, not a piss take." She also shared an accompanying artwork.
Whatever the album's name will be, it will feature lead single "Hard Out Here" which arrived late last year, as well as the second offering "Air Baloon". Additionally, the 28-year-old artist recently made a contribution to the soundtrack of HBO's "Girls" by recording a song titled "L8 CMMR".
The song appears in "Girls, Vol. 2: All Adventurous Women Do...", "Girls" soundtrack album that also features new tracks from Miguel, Vampire Weekend and Beck among others.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna