Lily Allen on Naming New Album 'Sheezus': It's a Nod to Kanye West
Inspired by Kanye West's "Yeezus", Lily Allen has named her upcoming comeback album "Sheezus". According to Glamour U.K., the British singer who ended her hiatus a few months ago announced the title during her recent visit to BBC's "The Graham Norton Show".
"It's a confident title choice, and a little nod to Kanye West," Allen told the show's host before taking the stage to perform her latest single, "Air Baloon". The follow-up to 2009's "It's Not Me, It's You" is expected to arrive in late spring.
Allen has confirmed the title of her anticipated album. On Friday, February 21, she took to Twitter to explain that the title "is an homage, not a piss take." She also shared an accompanying artwork.
Whatever the album's name will be, it will feature lead single "Hard Out Here" which arrived late last year, as well as the second offering "Air Baloon". Additionally, the 28-year-old artist recently made a contribution to the soundtrack of HBO's "Girls" by recording a song titled "L8 CMMR".
The song appears in "Girls, Vol. 2: All Adventurous Women Do...", "Girls" soundtrack album that also features new tracks from Miguel, Vampire Weekend and Beck among others.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift