Lily Allen on Naming New Album 'Sheezus': It's a Nod to Kanye West
Inspired by Kanye West's "Yeezus", Lily Allen has named her upcoming comeback album "Sheezus". According to Glamour U.K., the British singer who ended her hiatus a few months ago announced the title during her recent visit to BBC's "The Graham Norton Show".
"It's a confident title choice, and a little nod to Kanye West," Allen told the show's host before taking the stage to perform her latest single, "Air Baloon". The follow-up to 2009's "It's Not Me, It's You" is expected to arrive in late spring.
Allen has confirmed the title of her anticipated album. On Friday, February 21, she took to Twitter to explain that the title "is an homage, not a piss take." She also shared an accompanying artwork.
Whatever the album's name will be, it will feature lead single "Hard Out Here" which arrived late last year, as well as the second offering "Air Baloon". Additionally, the 28-year-old artist recently made a contribution to the soundtrack of HBO's "Girls" by recording a song titled "L8 CMMR".
The song appears in "Girls, Vol. 2: All Adventurous Women Do...", "Girls" soundtrack album that also features new tracks from Miguel, Vampire Weekend and Beck among others.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival