Pink Announced as the Performer at Oscars
Pop superstar Pink has joined the stellar line-up of performers at the upcoming Academy Awards. The show's producer, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, announced the addition in a statement issued on Friday, February 22.
"We are very excited to welcome Pink to the Oscar stage for the very first time," they wrote. "She is regarded as one of the greatest voices in pop music and one of the best performers of her generation, and we are thrilled to have her join us for a highly anticipated moment on the broadcast."
The singer, whose real name is Alecia Moore, has shared her excitement on Twitter, telling her fans, "Big news!!! I'd like to thank @TheAcademy for inviting me to perform on the #Oscars on March 2nd!! #holycow."
Pink is joining previously-announced performers that include Bette Midler, Pharrell Williams, Idina Menzel, U2 and Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Karen O.
This won't be Pink's first time to serve as a performer at a major awards show. Last month, she delivered one of the most interesting performances at the Grammys. The mother of one showed off her acrobatic side while performing her hit single "Try" before joining Fun.'s Nate Ruess for the live rendition of their collaboration "Just Give Me a Reason".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance