Pink Announced as the Performer at Oscars
Pop superstar Pink has joined the stellar line-up of performers at the upcoming Academy Awards. The show's producer, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, announced the addition in a statement issued on Friday, February 22.
"We are very excited to welcome Pink to the Oscar stage for the very first time," they wrote. "She is regarded as one of the greatest voices in pop music and one of the best performers of her generation, and we are thrilled to have her join us for a highly anticipated moment on the broadcast."
The singer, whose real name is Alecia Moore, has shared her excitement on Twitter, telling her fans, "Big news!!! I'd like to thank @TheAcademy for inviting me to perform on the #Oscars on March 2nd!! #holycow."
Pink is joining previously-announced performers that include Bette Midler, Pharrell Williams, Idina Menzel, U2 and Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Karen O.
This won't be Pink's first time to serve as a performer at a major awards show. Last month, she delivered one of the most interesting performances at the Grammys. The mother of one showed off her acrobatic side while performing her hit single "Try" before joining Fun.'s Nate Ruess for the live rendition of their collaboration "Just Give Me a Reason".
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns