50 Cent Leaves Intercope and Eminem's Shady Records
50 Cent has decided to leave Universal Music Group's Interscope Records and Eminem's imprint Shady/Aftermath. The rapper announced his departure from the major label, under which he released all his previous albums including the massively successful 2003 record "Get Rich or Die Tryin' ", on Thursday, February 20.
"I have had great success to date with Shady/Aftermath/Interscope, and I'd like to thank Eminem and Dr. Dre for giving me an incredible opportunity," 50 Cent said in a statement. "I've learned so much from them through the years. I am excited to enter this new era where I can carry out my creative vision."
Eminem has shown his support for his former protege. "Both myself and Shady Records are grateful to have had the chance to play a part in 50's career," the Detroit MC said. "Shady simply would not be what it is without 50 Cent."
"I've developed a great friendship with 50 over the years, and that's not going to change. We know 50 will have success in his new situation, and we remain supporters of both him and G-Unit," he added.
His future releases as well as those by the artists from his G-Unit label will now arrive via Caroline Records, the independent service division of Capitol Records which is also a part of Universal.
50 Cent is still working on his fifth album, "Animal Ambition: An Untamed Desire to Win", which is due out on June 3. He will give away two new tracks to fans who pre-order the album starting on March 18. Additionally, the "In Da Club" hitmaker will premiere new songs and videos each week up until the album's release.
More 50 Cent News
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!