50 Cent Leaves Intercope and Eminem's Shady Records
50 Cent has decided to leave Universal Music Group's Interscope Records and Eminem's imprint Shady/Aftermath. The rapper announced his departure from the major label, under which he released all his previous albums including the massively successful 2003 record "Get Rich or Die Tryin' ", on Thursday, February 20.
"I have had great success to date with Shady/Aftermath/Interscope, and I'd like to thank Eminem and Dr. Dre for giving me an incredible opportunity," 50 Cent said in a statement. "I've learned so much from them through the years. I am excited to enter this new era where I can carry out my creative vision."
Eminem has shown his support for his former protege. "Both myself and Shady Records are grateful to have had the chance to play a part in 50's career," the Detroit MC said. "Shady simply would not be what it is without 50 Cent."
"I've developed a great friendship with 50 over the years, and that's not going to change. We know 50 will have success in his new situation, and we remain supporters of both him and G-Unit," he added.
His future releases as well as those by the artists from his G-Unit label will now arrive via Caroline Records, the independent service division of Capitol Records which is also a part of Universal.
50 Cent is still working on his fifth album, "Animal Ambition: An Untamed Desire to Win", which is due out on June 3. He will give away two new tracks to fans who pre-order the album starting on March 18. Additionally, the "In Da Club" hitmaker will premiere new songs and videos each week up until the album's release.
More 50 Cent News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says