Pharrell Williams Auctioning Off His Grammy Hat
Pharrell Williams is putting his infamous Grammy hat on sale. The singer/producer took to Twitter on Thursday, February 20 to announce that he wanted to sell the hat to the highest bidder, adding that proceeds from the sale would be donated to charity.
"I'm auctioning off my hat from the Grammys to benefit From One Hand to AnOTHER," he tweeted. "Hey @Arbys, you want my hat? Now's your chance," Pharrell jokingly added. He also attached a photo of him wearing the hat in the Twitter posts. The highest bidding currently is $10,500. The auction will be closed on March 2.
"All proceeds benefit From One Hand to Another whose mission is to help change the world one kid at a time by giving them the tools and resources to meet their unique potential and empower them to nurture curiosity by learning through new technologies, arts, media and motivation," read the announcement on eBay.
The Vivienne Westwood "mountain hat" stole people's attention when Pharrell wore it at the 2014 Grammy Awards on Sunday, January 26. At that time, the musician also wore a red jacket and dark pants instead of tuxedo. Shortly after making appearance, the hat got its own Twitter account which goes by @Pharrellhat. "Bye," read a tweet from the account's feed after Pharrell announced the auction.
More Pharrell Williams News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die