Pharrell Williams Auctioning Off His Grammy Hat
Pharrell Williams is putting his infamous Grammy hat on sale. The singer/producer took to Twitter on Thursday, February 20 to announce that he wanted to sell the hat to the highest bidder, adding that proceeds from the sale would be donated to charity.
"I'm auctioning off my hat from the Grammys to benefit From One Hand to AnOTHER," he tweeted. "Hey @Arbys, you want my hat? Now's your chance," Pharrell jokingly added. He also attached a photo of him wearing the hat in the Twitter posts. The highest bidding currently is $10,500. The auction will be closed on March 2.
"All proceeds benefit From One Hand to Another whose mission is to help change the world one kid at a time by giving them the tools and resources to meet their unique potential and empower them to nurture curiosity by learning through new technologies, arts, media and motivation," read the announcement on eBay.
The Vivienne Westwood "mountain hat" stole people's attention when Pharrell wore it at the 2014 Grammy Awards on Sunday, January 26. At that time, the musician also wore a red jacket and dark pants instead of tuxedo. Shortly after making appearance, the hat got its own Twitter account which goes by @Pharrellhat. "Bye," read a tweet from the account's feed after Pharrell announced the auction.
More Pharrell Williams News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video