Man Found Guilty in Jet Ski Accident Which Caused the Death of Usher's Stepson
A man who was involved in a jet ski accident which killed Usher's stepson Kile Glover in 2012 has been found guilty, the Associated Press reports. The man, a family friend named Jeffrey Simon Hubbard, was convicted of homicide by vessel on Thursday, February 20 in Atlanta. Besides, he was found guilty of other charges which included serious injury by vessel, reckless operation of a vessel, unlawful operation of a personal watercraft and a boat traffic violation.
In Summer 2012, Glover and a teenager were being pulled on an inner tube when Hubbard's watercraft hit them. Glover, the son of Usher's former wife Tameka Foster and TV executive Ryan Glover, was found unconscious with serious head injuries after the accident and passed away a little more than two weeks later. The teenager suffered from broken arm and a cut on the head.
Hubbard's legal team previously argued that the crash was purely accident and it was not caused by recklessness. He will be sentenced on March 5.
In November 2013, Foster held a charity run to honor the memories of her late son. "I'm thinking about him every day, but he was my running buddy. That's who I used to do my neighborhood jogs with all the time. He would be the only one who would be like, 'Let's go, mom.' He kept me going," she said back then. "I know when I'll be running, I will be thinking of him."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered