TNT Plans 'The Librarian' Series With Noah Wyle Returning
TNT is looking to turn "The Librarian" TV movies into a full-fledged series. The network is reportedly close to ordering a 10-episode series based on its popular movie franchise with Noah Wyle returning in the title role of Flynn Carsen.
The project, which is tentatively called "The Librarians", would "center on four ordinary people with extraordinary talents who discover that they have been selected by Wyle's Flynn to work for The Library, an ancient fellowship of knowledge and heroism. The quartet travels the world investigating strange occurrences, battling ancient conspiracies and protecting the innocent from the dangerous, secret world of magic."
According to TVLine, Wyle will appear in the first episode and make guest appearances throughout the series. The upcoming show will be executive produced by "Librarian" producer Dean Devlin.
The first of "The Librarian" trilogy, "The Librarian: Quest for the Spear", aired on TNT in 2004. "The Librarian: Return to King Solomon's Mines" followed in 2006 and "The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice" was later released in 2008.
Wyle, who rose to prominence after starring as Dr. John Carter on "ER", currently still headlines TNT's post-apocalyptic sci-fi series "Falling Skies".
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son