TNT Plans 'The Librarian' Series With Noah Wyle Returning
TNT is looking to turn "The Librarian" TV movies into a full-fledged series. The network is reportedly close to ordering a 10-episode series based on its popular movie franchise with Noah Wyle returning in the title role of Flynn Carsen.
The project, which is tentatively called "The Librarians", would "center on four ordinary people with extraordinary talents who discover that they have been selected by Wyle's Flynn to work for The Library, an ancient fellowship of knowledge and heroism. The quartet travels the world investigating strange occurrences, battling ancient conspiracies and protecting the innocent from the dangerous, secret world of magic."
According to TVLine, Wyle will appear in the first episode and make guest appearances throughout the series. The upcoming show will be executive produced by "Librarian" producer Dean Devlin.
The first of "The Librarian" trilogy, "The Librarian: Quest for the Spear", aired on TNT in 2004. "The Librarian: Return to King Solomon's Mines" followed in 2006 and "The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice" was later released in 2008.
Wyle, who rose to prominence after starring as Dr. John Carter on "ER", currently still headlines TNT's post-apocalyptic sci-fi series "Falling Skies".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences