TNT Plans 'The Librarian' Series With Noah Wyle Returning
TNT is looking to turn "The Librarian" TV movies into a full-fledged series. The network is reportedly close to ordering a 10-episode series based on its popular movie franchise with Noah Wyle returning in the title role of Flynn Carsen.
The project, which is tentatively called "The Librarians", would "center on four ordinary people with extraordinary talents who discover that they have been selected by Wyle's Flynn to work for The Library, an ancient fellowship of knowledge and heroism. The quartet travels the world investigating strange occurrences, battling ancient conspiracies and protecting the innocent from the dangerous, secret world of magic."
According to TVLine, Wyle will appear in the first episode and make guest appearances throughout the series. The upcoming show will be executive produced by "Librarian" producer Dean Devlin.
The first of "The Librarian" trilogy, "The Librarian: Quest for the Spear", aired on TNT in 2004. "The Librarian: Return to King Solomon's Mines" followed in 2006 and "The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice" was later released in 2008.
Wyle, who rose to prominence after starring as Dr. John Carter on "ER", currently still headlines TNT's post-apocalyptic sci-fi series "Falling Skies".
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof