3 Doors Down's Todd Harrell Suspended Indefinitely From Band Following Recent DUI Arrest
Todd Harrell, the bassist of rock band 3 Doors Down, has been suspended from the band. The decision was made by Harrell's bandmates after he was once again arrested on a DUI charge earlier this week.
The band issued a statement in which they announced that Harrell's suspension, which began after he was arrested for DUI in 2013, had been extended indefinitely. "According to accounts in the press yesterday, a long-time member of 3 Doors Down, Todd Harrell, has been arrested in Mississippi in a drug related DUI charge," the band wrote.
"Last summer, Todd was suspended from the band and not allowed to participate in any 3 Doors Down performances, pending the resolution of criminal charges filed against him last year in connection with an automobile accident," they continued.
"Following yesterday's incident, the band has extended Todd's suspension indefinitely. We take this action to protect the image and integrity of the band and to encourage Todd to address and resolve his problems," they added.
On Tuesday, February 18, Harrell was taken into custody after police found him passed out in his vehicle at a street intersection. He was then charged with a second-offense DUI involving a substance other than alcohol.
Last year, Harrell's Cadillac crashed into a pick-up truck and resulted in the death of a man. He's currently awaiting trial for vehicular homicide by intoxication, unlawful possession of a controlled substance, violation of the implied consent law and possession of contraband charges related to fatal car crash.
Following the incident, he checked himself into a rehab facility. 3 Doors Down subsequently replaced the 48-year-old musician with bassist Justin Biltonen in their touring line-up.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones