3 Doors Down's Todd Harrell Suspended Indefinitely From Band Following Recent DUI Arrest
Todd Harrell, the bassist of rock band 3 Doors Down, has been suspended from the band. The decision was made by Harrell's bandmates after he was once again arrested on a DUI charge earlier this week.
The band issued a statement in which they announced that Harrell's suspension, which began after he was arrested for DUI in 2013, had been extended indefinitely. "According to accounts in the press yesterday, a long-time member of 3 Doors Down, Todd Harrell, has been arrested in Mississippi in a drug related DUI charge," the band wrote.
"Last summer, Todd was suspended from the band and not allowed to participate in any 3 Doors Down performances, pending the resolution of criminal charges filed against him last year in connection with an automobile accident," they continued.
"Following yesterday's incident, the band has extended Todd's suspension indefinitely. We take this action to protect the image and integrity of the band and to encourage Todd to address and resolve his problems," they added.
On Tuesday, February 18, Harrell was taken into custody after police found him passed out in his vehicle at a street intersection. He was then charged with a second-offense DUI involving a substance other than alcohol.
Last year, Harrell's Cadillac crashed into a pick-up truck and resulted in the death of a man. He's currently awaiting trial for vehicular homicide by intoxication, unlawful possession of a controlled substance, violation of the implied consent law and possession of contraband charges related to fatal car crash.
Following the incident, he checked himself into a rehab facility. 3 Doors Down subsequently replaced the 48-year-old musician with bassist Justin Biltonen in their touring line-up.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune