First Clip for Hayao Miyazaki's Final Film 'The Wind Rises'
"The Wind Rises" directed by Japanese maestro Hayao Miyazaki releases its first clip on the eve of its North American release. The video shows Jiro Horikoshi (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) dreaming of designing airplanes with Giovanni Battista Caproni (Stanley Tucci) as his inspiration.
Marking Miyazaki's final film, the historical animated film depicts the real-life story of Horikoshi, the designer of Zero Fighter aircraft in World War II. It was released by Toho in Japan last year to a big success with an estimated national gross of more than $100 million.
The voice cast includes Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Martin Short, Mandy Patinkin, Werner Herzog, William H. Macy, Mae Whitman, Jennifer Grey, Darren Criss, Ronan Farrow, and Elijah Wood. It is due Stateside on February 21.
The movie is nominated for Best Animated Feature at the upcoming 86th annual Academy Awards. It is pitted against "The Croods", "Despicable Me 2", "Ernest & Celestine", and "Frozen (2013)".
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign