First Clip for Hayao Miyazaki's Final Film 'The Wind Rises'
"The Wind Rises" directed by Japanese maestro Hayao Miyazaki releases its first clip on the eve of its North American release. The video shows Jiro Horikoshi (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) dreaming of designing airplanes with Giovanni Battista Caproni (Stanley Tucci) as his inspiration.
Marking Miyazaki's final film, the historical animated film depicts the real-life story of Horikoshi, the designer of Zero Fighter aircraft in World War II. It was released by Toho in Japan last year to a big success with an estimated national gross of more than $100 million.
The voice cast includes Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Martin Short, Mandy Patinkin, Werner Herzog, William H. Macy, Mae Whitman, Jennifer Grey, Darren Criss, Ronan Farrow, and Elijah Wood. It is due Stateside on February 21.
The movie is nominated for Best Animated Feature at the upcoming 86th annual Academy Awards. It is pitted against "The Croods", "Despicable Me 2", "Ernest & Celestine", and "Frozen (2013)".
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts