First Clip for Hayao Miyazaki's Final Film 'The Wind Rises'
"The Wind Rises" directed by Japanese maestro Hayao Miyazaki releases its first clip on the eve of its North American release. The video shows Jiro Horikoshi (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) dreaming of designing airplanes with Giovanni Battista Caproni (Stanley Tucci) as his inspiration.
Marking Miyazaki's final film, the historical animated film depicts the real-life story of Horikoshi, the designer of Zero Fighter aircraft in World War II. It was released by Toho in Japan last year to a big success with an estimated national gross of more than $100 million.
The voice cast includes Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Martin Short, Mandy Patinkin, Werner Herzog, William H. Macy, Mae Whitman, Jennifer Grey, Darren Criss, Ronan Farrow, and Elijah Wood. It is due Stateside on February 21.
The movie is nominated for Best Animated Feature at the upcoming 86th annual Academy Awards. It is pitted against "The Croods", "Despicable Me 2", "Ernest & Celestine", and "Frozen (2013)".
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary