First Clip for Hayao Miyazaki's Final Film 'The Wind Rises'
"The Wind Rises" directed by Japanese maestro Hayao Miyazaki releases its first clip on the eve of its North American release. The video shows Jiro Horikoshi (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) dreaming of designing airplanes with Giovanni Battista Caproni (Stanley Tucci) as his inspiration.
Marking Miyazaki's final film, the historical animated film depicts the real-life story of Horikoshi, the designer of Zero Fighter aircraft in World War II. It was released by Toho in Japan last year to a big success with an estimated national gross of more than $100 million.
The voice cast includes Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Martin Short, Mandy Patinkin, Werner Herzog, William H. Macy, Mae Whitman, Jennifer Grey, Darren Criss, Ronan Farrow, and Elijah Wood. It is due Stateside on February 21.
The movie is nominated for Best Animated Feature at the upcoming 86th annual Academy Awards. It is pitted against "The Croods", "Despicable Me 2", "Ernest & Celestine", and "Frozen (2013)".
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music