First Clip for Hayao Miyazaki's Final Film 'The Wind Rises'
"The Wind Rises" directed by Japanese maestro Hayao Miyazaki releases its first clip on the eve of its North American release. The video shows Jiro Horikoshi (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) dreaming of designing airplanes with Giovanni Battista Caproni (Stanley Tucci) as his inspiration.
Marking Miyazaki's final film, the historical animated film depicts the real-life story of Horikoshi, the designer of Zero Fighter aircraft in World War II. It was released by Toho in Japan last year to a big success with an estimated national gross of more than $100 million.
The voice cast includes Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Martin Short, Mandy Patinkin, Werner Herzog, William H. Macy, Mae Whitman, Jennifer Grey, Darren Criss, Ronan Farrow, and Elijah Wood. It is due Stateside on February 21.
The movie is nominated for Best Animated Feature at the upcoming 86th annual Academy Awards. It is pitted against "The Croods", "Despicable Me 2", "Ernest & Celestine", and "Frozen (2013)".
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle