Miley Cyrus' Raunchy 'Bangerz' Tour Not Being Canceled
Reports claiming that Miley Cyrus' "Bangerz" tour's almost being canceled due to its x-rated contents emerged earlier this week. However, a rep for the former Disney star has confirmed to Gossip Cop that the cancellation news is completely not true.
"There is no truth whatsoever to any stories or rumors of venues pulling out of the Bangerz Tour," Live Nation additionally told E! News in a statement. "Miley has created a tour that's big, spectacular, entertaining and everything you would expect from Miley Cyrus. Reviews have been amazing and most important, fans are loving the show and having a great time."
Cyrus also shot down the rumor herself. "You can't say I didn't warn you. Now sit back relax & enjoy the show. #bangerztour," she tweeted on Thursday, February 20. "Save your complaints for the McDonalds drive thru when they forget the 'fries with that.' "
A few days ago, Australia's NineMSN music blog MusicFix reported that Cyrus' team received many complaints since the tour opened in Vancouver last week. A "source" told the website, "Miley's management have been flooded with complaints, mainly from parents, since her tour began last week in Canada with calls for the entire tour to be axed."
"Her team, including management, record label execs and the entire tour staff including the director, costume department and choreographers - have been called for an emergency meeting as arenas across the U.S. threaten to pull out of the show," the source added.
An insider then claimed that a parent contacted Cyrus' record company Interscope after walking out the show, saying that they didn't want to subject their nine-year-old child to "a porn show."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie