Bette Midler Joins Line-Up of Performers at 2014 Oscars
Bette Midler has been tapped to perform at the 86th annual Academy Awards. This will be The Divine Miss M's first performance at the event, which will be aired live on ABC from Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center on March 2.
The show's producers announced the exciting news on Wednesday, February 19. "We are thrilled to have Bette perform on the Oscars for the very first time," said Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. "We believe she will make our Oscar telecast an especially moving evening."
However, they didn't reveal what song the 68-year-old singer/actress would perform. She joins previously-announced performers that include Pharrell Williams, Karen O, Idina Menzel and U2. The four singers are also currently up against each other for the Best Original Song award at the Oscars.
Midler recently portrayed late Hollywood agent Sue Mengers on Broadway in "I'll Eat You Last". The actress has received Oscars' Best Actress nominations for her roles in 1991's "For the Boys" and 1979's "The Rose".
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show