Bette Midler Joins Line-Up of Performers at 2014 Oscars
Bette Midler has been tapped to perform at the 86th annual Academy Awards. This will be The Divine Miss M's first performance at the event, which will be aired live on ABC from Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center on March 2.
The show's producers announced the exciting news on Wednesday, February 19. "We are thrilled to have Bette perform on the Oscars for the very first time," said Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. "We believe she will make our Oscar telecast an especially moving evening."
However, they didn't reveal what song the 68-year-old singer/actress would perform. She joins previously-announced performers that include Pharrell Williams, Karen O, Idina Menzel and U2. The four singers are also currently up against each other for the Best Original Song award at the Oscars.
Midler recently portrayed late Hollywood agent Sue Mengers on Broadway in "I'll Eat You Last". The actress has received Oscars' Best Actress nominations for her roles in 1991's "For the Boys" and 1979's "The Rose".
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video