Fine Bros. and Nick Cannon to Turn YouTube Series 'React' Into TV Show for Nickelodeon
Nickelodeon is turning to YouTube for an idea for a new project. The network has tapped Benny and Rafi Fine, better known as The Fine Brothers, and Nick Cannon to adapt popular YouTube franchise "React" into a TV show.
To be called "ReactToThat", the half-hour show is based on the video series started by the comedy duo in 2010 with "Kids React". It later spawned "Teens React", "Elders React" and "YouTubers React".
A pilot for the potential series has reportedly been filmed, but a representative for Nickelodeon stresses that the network has not greenlit the series. The spokeswoman, Ariana Urbont, says in a statement, "This is not a greenlit series and it has not been decided whether or not any episodes will be picked up."
Fine Bros.' "React" compiles reactions of people from various walks of life to viral YouTube videos. "We consider our main channel like a TV network and all the staple shows should be in one place," The Fine Bros. previously said about their YouTube channel and video series. "The hit shows build off each other and our main channel is the hub where all this stuff lives."
More Nick Cannon News
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!